EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Aug 2012, 08:21 PM   #1
ribrob

Permanently delete emails from specific domains once deleted to Trash.

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a filter to permanently delete specific emails once deleted to trash.

I get a lot of daily / weekly / monthly emails such as mailing lists and newsletters, that once i've deleted manually and sent it to the trash folder i don't really need to keep.

As i don't have my emails in my Trash folder to be removed by default as sometimes i need to go back to them, the newsletters and mailing list emails just build up too.

How can i setup a filter to deal with those, but just when they are in the Trash folder?

Rob
ribrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Aug 2012, 08:29 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Not exactly a solution, but a workaround (one of many...).
When I finish with emails from mailing lists and newsletters I delete them permanently from Inbox.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2012, 09:16 PM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Or could you class them as spam, so that they go into your Junk Mail folder?

Or create a new folder "Newsletters" (for example), and set up rules to forward to this folder.

You can use the option delete permanently to avoid the Trash folder.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Aug 2012, 09:52 PM   #4
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I wouldn't clasify them as spam, as eventually the emails will probably end up going there based on the user bayes database.

But setting up a folder with a Empty Link set to "Empty - Permanently Delete" seems like it would be the best option.

With the new interface, there is an additional folder called Archived. You would just delete folders into the trash, and then set it so that it would automatically empty every X days.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote