EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Apr 2005, 07:58 PM   #1
rhMattL19

Yahoo Interface

I have just logged into Yahoo, both my .co.uk and .com accounts.

My .co.uk account has not a single banner anywhere, no ads, nothing. I have moved around my account there, and there is no adverts anywhere, no textual ads, nothing. Completely clean of everything.

My .com account has a only a single banner at the top and one little text thing about credit cards above the Inbox folder.

I thought they were only removing the banners and stuff from paid accounts? These are free accounts that I have.

I have no clue what happened, I'm just surprised at how clean the account interfaces are. Extremely fast loading.

Does everyone know something I don't, or is this some kind of fluke?
rhMattL19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Apr 2005, 01:00 AM   #2
trew
Cornerstone of the Community

My yahoo.com with Australian english ads

was rather slow. When I changed to yahoo.ca and indian english it worked faster. yahoo.com and indian works fast too and rather few ads.

Could it be that ads is not good at getting money.
Both Norwegian and Sweden failed to get ads to pay for the people employed here. Denmark maybe survive, I am not sure.

trew
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:24 AM   #3
war17
The "e" in e-mail

rhMattL19,

Do not question a good thing. I have plenty of ads in my Yahoo.com. Do you want some?
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:56 AM   #4
rhMattL19

haha

Nahh thanks... I'm good.

I just logged in and my first thought was how clean it looked without all the ads. I thought someone at Yahoo decided "screw the ads". I have logged in again since then though, and the ads are back.

I just don't think I ever had a Yahoo webmail interface without a single ad yet is all, surprised me.

I guess it was a fluke anyway.

Nothin' to see here, hehe
rhMattL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 03:21 AM   #5
Spokane

I didnt even notice the lack of ads, guess i need to look closer. But i think my account still has ads.
Spokane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 04:29 AM   #6
digp
Master of the @

Try Admuncher [beta 4.7] as it completely rids hotmail and yahoo of both graphical and text ads!!!!
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 05:13 PM   #7
agusind

Thanks alot digp for the information. I've tried it and working good for all websites, not only Hotmail/Yahoo, but Gmail and others website as well. Btw, is this will be free or will be charged in the future??
agusind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 07:38 PM   #8
psalzer

I just checked and my Yahoo account has all the ads intact - big banner on top of the page and a huge ad on the side, too on the mailbox view.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 08:02 PM   #9
Volley

Even with the graphical ads, Yahoo loads pretty quickly for me. I'm looking forward to the 1 gb upgrade

In fact the initial login seems to be faster than gmail, tho gmail is faster once logged in, I guess because of it all being loaded through java.
Volley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2005, 04:12 AM   #10
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by agusind
Thanks alot digp for the information. I've tried it and working good for all websites, not only Hotmail/Yahoo, but Gmail and others website as well. Btw, is this will be free or will be charged in the future??
at the moment, updates to filters and program are free for all users. it is shareware tho.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2005, 04:35 AM   #11
Javier
Master of the @

My Yahoo! China with Yahoo! Spain interface NEVER displays any ad. Curiosly it is slower than Yahoo! Spain interface with yahoo.es accounts.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote