EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 3 Apr 2005, 02:52 AM   #91
Starion
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
There's community there, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add someone else to my list of friends or contacts.
Some people changed the settigs for communication settings -> "Yahoo! 360° Messages" so that only friends of friends can add them. If you are a friend of friend of the person you want to add, you can add them. I can add you because you are not restricting who can add you to their friend's list.

Hope this helps Gankaku.

Quote:
Originally posted by psalzer
What's Yahoo 360 like? How are the features.
I agree with Gankaku. It's ok and much faster than MySpace. The advertisments are not as annoying as the ones If ind on MySpace. The tabbed interface is nice. The color scheme is good and takes some getting used to.

I love the three column view of my main page. It's much nicer than my LiveJournal's profile page.

I like the privacy settings wher I can set who sees what. For example, I can only allow my friends to see my blog and contact information. I'm going to stick to LiveJournal and MySpace until Yahoo! adds more features to Yahoo! 360.

I also like the "Preview as seen by" feature that displays what your page will look like as seen by everyone and friends. Friends will see your page one way, non-friends will see your page another, and of course, you will see everything including items that are marked private.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions, ask me.

Last edited by Starion : 3 Apr 2005 at 02:58 AM.
Starion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2005, 03:10 AM   #92
Sherry

Quote:
You can see mine here -
I see I need to be logged into Yahoo to see your site. Question: Do you get some kind of log showing those who have accessed your site? (revealing their Yahoo email address?)

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2005, 03:37 AM   #93
Starion
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry
I see I need to be logged into Yahoo to see your site. Question: Do you get some kind of log showing those who have accessed your site? (revealing their Yahoo email address?)

Sherry

Hi Moderator Sherry. I do not need to login to see Gankaku's blog / page. Strange. I don't think Yahoo has a log of those who have accessed my page. I don't think Yahoo! 360 reveals you email address unless the owner of the adderess wants to.

I can't find my email address probably because I am hiding it using the privacy settings.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 06:02 AM   #94
Gankaku

Starion, I set my settings to everyone.

Now, how to find you....??
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2005, 06:07 AM   #95
Gankaku

Here is my MSN spaces in case anyone wants to do a comparison. It's much nicer right now as far as selecting the look and feel. But you can see I complain about the inability to copy/paste there, and I just use it for saving any MSN article I think is cool. Only thing is I don't read news on their site much.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 06:34 AM   #96
Starion
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Starion, I set my settings to everyone.

Now, how to find you....??
Let me try to find my URL some how. I'm not Guillaume. I'm a friend of Guillaume though. Sorry for the confusion. I added you to my friend's list.

What is this "copy/paste" feature on MSN Spaces that eveyone is talking about? I'm not clear. Where are you trying to copy text from? Where are you trying to paste it to? I'm confused. I think I missed the explanation.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 07:49 AM   #97
Sherry

Quote:
Originally posted by Starion
Hi Moderator Sherry. I do not need to login to see Gankaku's blog / page. Strange.
If you have your Yahoo account set to remember password then, I guess, you can go straight to Gankaku's site. I went ahead and told Yahoo to remember mine then tried the link again and got right in. On her MSN one, it wants me to log in also. (I don't let passport.net or MSN keep a cookie on my pc)

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:44 AM   #98
Gankaku

Quote:
Let me try to find my URL some how. I'm not Guillaume. I'm a friend of Guillaume though. Sorry for the confusion. I added you to my friend's list.

OK that's weirdly confusing according to my friends list there. I thought Guillaume had made two accounts; his and yours (which I thought was a secondary one of his).

Quote:
What is this "copy/paste" feature on MSN Spaces that eveyone is talking about? I'm not clear. Where are you trying to copy text from? Where are you trying to paste it to? I'm confused. I think I missed the explanation.
OK go to compose a blog message. Then...go anywhere and try to copy and paste a snippet of an article or anything in there. You cannot do it. (well if you do it i'll be truly amazed!) LOL You can only type stuff. So if you wanted a snippet of an article, or you wanted to copy your favorite recipe into a blog message, you would actually need to type out the entire thing.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 02:21 PM   #99
Starion
Essential Contributor

Quote:
So if you wanted a snippet of an article, or you wanted to copy your favorite recipe into a blog message, you would actually need to type out the entire thing.
Ok, I understand now. It's odd that we can't paste text into a blog message. Thanks for the information.

I also have journals on SheezyArt.com and DeviantArt.com in addition to my Yahoo! 360, MySpace and LiveJournal.
Old 3 May 2005, 06:09 AM   #100
ReuvenNY

Quote:

I now have a Yahoo! 360 blog / page. Yay.
Do you have by any chance invitations to give out?
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 06:35 AM   #101
kchess79
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
Do you have by any chance invitations to give out?
Do you need one/know anyone that needs one? I have TWO HUNDRED to give out, and no one wants them!
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 07:18 AM   #102
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
(well if you do it i'll be truly amazed!) LOL You can only type stuff. So if you wanted a snippet of an article, or you wanted to copy your favorite recipe into a blog message, you would actually need to type out the entire thing.
Ummmm... perhaps I am missing something, but I can paste stuff in perfectly fine.

I hate to ask this.. but what browser are you using when trying to paste? I'm using Opera 8.0...

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2005, 03:22 PM   #103
Starion
Essential Contributor

I still have 100 invitations for Yahoo! 360. Anyone want one?
Old 4 May 2005, 05:55 PM   #104
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I still have 100 invitations for Yahoo! 360. Anyone want one?
YES! Can I please have one? fmrocks AT caringvalues DOT com. Thanks much.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2005, 08:06 PM   #105
psalzer

I think I'd like one, too, if there are more available. It kind of sounds like there are. If anyone could send one to psalzer AT fastmail DOT fm I'd appreciate it. I might not be online long enough to accept it until tomorrow night. Depends how work goes today. I have to be out tonight.

Thanks in advance.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote