EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 8 Sep 2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Benjer

Change Gmail Address

I have a Gmail address (let's call it GMAIL1 AT gmail. com) that is associated with a blog I have through blogger. With hotmail now only supporting POP3 with Entourage on Mac, I want to start using Gmail, but with a different Gmail address (we'll call this one GMAIL2 AT gmail. com). I know that I can't have more than one Gmail address on the same Google account. Normally, I would just start over with a new Google account and new Gmail address, but I want to take my blogger account with me and have my blog be on the same Google account with my new Gmail address. What specific steps do I need to take to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Moderator: Fixed "live" email address to avoid spambots.

Last edited by Sherry : 9 Sep 2009 at 12:54 AM.
Benjer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Sep 2009, 02:27 AM   #2
kchess79
Master of the @

When I moved Gmail addresses from Gmail1 to Gmail2, I added Gmail2's address to my blogger account as an owner. Then logged in to Gmail2 and removed Gmail1 as an owner, so that Gmail2 was the only person on my Blogger account. I hope that helps! It's a lot easier to move Blogger accounts than it is Google Docs (that requires some 3rd party assistance, I think!).
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2009, 04:56 AM   #3
Benjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchess79 View Post
When I moved Gmail addresses from Gmail1 to Gmail2, I added Gmail2's address to my blogger account as an owner. Then logged in to Gmail2 and removed Gmail1 as an owner, so that Gmail2 was the only person on my Blogger account. I hope that helps! It's a lot easier to move Blogger accounts than it is Google Docs (that requires some 3rd party assistance, I think!).
That worked perfectly. Thanks!
Benjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2009, 05:01 AM   #4
kchess79
Master of the @

Glad I could help!
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote