EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Oct 2012, 01:38 AM   #1
kpuru

Labels / Tags / Categories

Hi,

I have been a FM user for over 6 years now.

In the past, there have been mockups discussed for a blended view of the inbox (folders and tags/labels together).

As the new beta (new beta) development is underway, I thought I would bring it up that labels/tags would make managing mails much easier for all FM users. And if I could use Outlook categories as Mail tags/labels, it would be the best feature (after global search).

So, are there any plans to look at tags/labels? It would make mail mgmt so much more effective and easier.
kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Oct 2012, 09:53 PM   #2
thymara

I am a new user evaluating FM and find the lack of tags / labels and the search issue very disconcerting. These are show stoppers for me.

I find the beta interface very effective.
thymara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:44 PM   #3
thymara

Question

By using a plugin for mail.app I can apply an open-meta tag to an email. Anyone know if this tag will be searchable within modern or classic?
thymara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:59 PM   #4
kpuru

IMAP flags are currently not searchable... I just remember some mockups and reading about a workaround that FM was probably going to implement...
kpuru is offline   Reply With Quote