EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Feb 2011, 03:39 PM   #1
ulmus
Essential Contributor

More columns in list of mails in folder

Hi!
I'd like to have column 'from'.
I've got one folder where i have mail to and from some contacts and i want to know to who is my message. Now i can see only 'from' column and it is my addres, i want to see also 'to' column then i would see to who i was writing. Is there possible to do?
ulmus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Feb 2011, 08:57 PM   #2
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Interesting question. I've had the same issue come up for myself (though I don't recall if I ever asked about it here). My own solution -- convenient enough for me, but maybe not for you -- was to separate out the different individuals and give them their own folders. So, I have a folder for "Mike," let's say. And one for "Joe." Etc. Then, when I see the email list in those folders I already know that the ones showing my name (as the sender) are to the person whose folder I'm looking at.

I realize this solution may not be do-able for you, esp. if you already have loads of messages from dozens of contacts all in this one folder. You're instead looking for some kind of CSS or JS tweak to resolve the problem. Someone here may, in fact, have one ! But I just thought I'd mention my 'solution' in case it would be something you could do without much inconvenience.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 09:14 PM   #3
ulmus
Essential Contributor

Yeah, it would be good solution if i had many emails with one person, i have done such thing: one folder-one contact, but for contacts i really care but now i want to have a group of contacts in one folder. I did advanced filter (on group of contacts from addressbook) which move incoming mails from that group of contacts to one folder, and want to see to whom i replied (if my sent messages i will place in that folder).

For people who want to filter group of contacts to one folder, please set 'advanced' in 'message with' column in rules and in text box write:

header :contains "X-Spam-known-sender" "name_of_a_group_in_addressbook"

then select folder to move into and thats all
I think it would be very usefull rule for those who didnt know that

Last edited by ulmus : 24 Feb 2011 at 09:19 PM.
ulmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 05:20 AM   #4
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
... You're instead looking for some kind of CSS or JS tweak to resolve the problem. Someone here may, in fact, have one !
It's practically impossible to do it with a css or js tweak!
The reason is the info is not there in the page. These tweaks can only show what's there (that is to hide/unhide/rearrange what's in the code of the page. Theoretically you can do anything with js tweaks, but that would require writing a full application that shows the interface and interacts with FastMail in the background, and that's way too complicated.)

If FastMail puts a (hidden by default) column with the "To" info it would be easy to unhide it with a one line css tweak (though it would be preferable if it could be done per folder through the folders screen).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote