EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Feb 2014, 05:46 AM   #136
jkc054

Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
When the "Repeat" checkbox is activated you can click on "every" to change it to "every other" or "every (number)" to set an idividual frequency. Next is "week" which you can change to "day", "month" or "year". The last option depends on what you picked on the second option. When "month" is set e.g. you can choose things like "every last monday" etc… So actually you can do much more than Google calendar allows you to.
Thanks.
jkc054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2014, 07:11 AM   #137
jkc054

Question Event and military time

I created an calendar event for a specific time but it is displaying as military (24h) time, I want it to display as 12h am/pm time. Any way to do this yet?

I chose 4:15 pm when creating the event but on the calendar it shows at 1615 instead of 4:15 pm.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 07:32 AM   #138
jkc054

Question Color Code the Events?

On Google Calendar I can assign a color to the event. When I need to make a payment I color code the event red, when I am expecting a payment I color code the event green. Any chance this format option will be added to Fastmail Calendar? At a glance by the color code I can tell what kind of events are coming due.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 07:41 AM   #139
jkc054

Question Text message alerts

I see two kinds of alerts for events on the calendar, email and popup. I really would like to see text message alerts to my cell phone. Will this feature be added?
Old 3 Feb 2014, 07:51 AM   #140
jkc054

Question Privacy

Can we expect the same degree of privacy on the Fastmail server for our calendar as for our email? Are there things I need to be careful doing with my calendar such as syncing that might place my calendar data within the reach of a third party? I am fairy new to using an online calendar and I would hate to think that my personal information on the Fastmail calendar ends up on a third party server where the data is outside the control of Fastmail and therefore could be compromised.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 09:01 AM   #141
neilj
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Calendars can each be assigned a different colour, so you could have a "payables" calendar in red and a "receivables" calendar in green. All events in that calendar will be shown in the calendar's colour.

We won't be adding text message alert: it's simply too expensive for us. If you have a smartphone synced over CalDAV, the "alert" type should appear on your phone at the requested time. Otherwise, you could forward email alerts to an email-to-SMS gateway (your mobile network may offer this as a service).

Calendar data is stored on FastMail's servers and is subject to the same privacy policy as the rest of the service. You will in the future be able to make calendars public if you wish, but obviously all calendars will default to being private.

Neil.
neilj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2014, 09:15 AM   #142
jkc054

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilj View Post
Calendars can each be assigned a different colour, so you could have a "payables" calendar in red and a "receivables" calendar in green. All events in that calendar will be shown in the calendar's colour.

We won't be adding text message alert: it's simply too expensive for us. If you have a smartphone synced over CalDAV, the "alert" type should appear on your phone at the requested time. Otherwise, you could forward email alerts to an email-to-SMS gateway (your mobile network may offer this as a service).

Calendar data is stored on FastMail's servers and is subject to the same privacy policy as the rest of the service. You will in the future be able to make calendars public if you wish, but obviously all calendars will default to being private.

Neil.
I only planned on having one calendar which is why I want to color code the events and not have multiple calendars, one for each type of event as you described. Oh well.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 05:30 AM   #143
Mystakill

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
[*]The beta CalDAV feature is only available to:
  • Enhanced and Premier level accounts (Personal/Family)
  • Standard, Professional and Enterprise level accounts (Business)
  • So you can not use the CalDAV feature (allowing synchronization of calendars) with Guest or Member accounts (legacy - no longer offered), Lite or Full accounts (Personal/Family), or Basic accounts (Business).
Note that this isn't directed, at Bill -- I'm just quoting his list from the blog entry

I still think that excluding CalDAV from Full family accounts is unreasonable. While it would be nice to have everything in one place, I can't justify doubling the cost of my own account just to sync my Google calendar. I'm using less than half of my mail storage quota and only 20% of my file storage, so a Full account is more than adequate for my needs.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2014, 05:10 AM   #144
Ksmith

Regarding invitations to meetings... I'm using BusyCal (Mac) with FastMail via CalDAV. When I create a meeting and invite someone (from BusyCal) it appears to send them an invitation. However, when I look at my FM calendar via the web interface, no invitees are shown. Is this just an issue of synching the invitees? I know that emails aren't send when the event is created from the web interface, but this doesn't sound like an issue with that.
Ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2014, 05:21 AM   #145
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmith View Post
Regarding invitations to meetings... I'm using BusyCal (Mac) with FastMail via CalDAV. When I create a meeting and invite someone (from BusyCal) it appears to send them an invitation. However, when I look at my FM calendar via the web interface, no invitees are shown. Is this just an issue of synching the invitees? I know that emails aren't send when the event is created from the web interface, but this doesn't sound like an issue with that.
Can you please PM me your username, and I'll take a look at the events. If you could tell me a specific event that would be even better

Ta,

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2014, 07:24 AM   #146
Ksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Can you please PM me your username, and I'll take a look at the events. If you could tell me a specific event that would be even better

Ta,

Bron.
Message sent.

Thanks,
Kevin
Ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM   #147
zsazs

Quote:
Calendar sharing is definitely on the roadmap. We're still working on how best to do it so that it becomes available to clients via CalDAV as well... I'm chatting with Ken at CMU who wrote a large part of the CalDAV support in Cyrus that we're using - because it's a feature he's interested in as well.
Can you say if sharing is on the roadmap for the upcoming final release, or further in the future? Sounds like it's still in early development.
zsazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2014, 09:15 AM   #148
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsazs View Post
Can you say if sharing is on the roadmap for the upcoming final release, or further in the future? Sounds like it's still in early development.
Sharing within our web interface is definitely on the roadmap for final release (the only debate is how we implement it)

Sharing via CalDAV depends on what's supported by what clients. The actual server work is pretty minimal, because Cyrus already supports the idea of sharing folders, so we just need to hook it up to the correct DAV query.

Cheers,

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2014, 03:29 AM   #149
aelmer

Email invitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
Really? No luck here with an invitation from outlook.com. I recieve an email, but nothing shows up when I open it.

A new Bug with full day events:
I use green for my default calendar and since the description of the event is as green as the background of the calendar entry, I can't see the text.

EDIT:
Generally: Please make the background colours for the calendar entries optional. When I use a blue calendar, I wounld like blue to be the dominant colour, but now the background of a blue calendar is green...
I had the same problem with an invite from outlook.com. I refreshed the page and an attachment showed up at the bottom. From some of the other posts though I don't think integration with mail via the webUI (e.g. hit accept in the email and have the event automatically moved into the calendar) is available yet - is this correct?

Last edited by aelmer : 6 Feb 2014 at 03:39 AM.
aelmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2014, 04:17 AM   #150
randian

Quote:
When you can sync from an external .ics file, it will be easy to add your own choice of holiday calendars.
Will external calendars be pushed to CalDAV sync clients, as if they were "native" calendar events?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote