EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 23 Sep 2016, 11:06 AM   #1
artmanphoto

Text In AOL Reply Is Underlined

I am using Thunderbird 45.3.0 on a Windows 7 Pro machine.

I originate and send emails to a client that has an AOL email address. Each time he sends me a reply to my message (he replies to my message, he does not send a new message) all of the text in my original message I sent to him is underlined.

I am wondering if this is an AOL issue because I don't have the underline issue when people that don't use AOL reply to my emails.

Does anyone know why all of my original text is underlined when he replies to my message?

Thanks, Bill
artmanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Sep 2016, 11:23 AM   #2
Just Bill

It''s not an AOL issue. That feature is built into Thunderbird. There is probably a way to turn it off, but it's been too many years since I've used it and you'll just need to take a look at your preferences or settings.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2016, 12:02 PM   #3
artmanphoto

Just Bill, thanks for your reply. If "underlining" is a setting or preference in Thunderbird why is a reply to my message from this AOL user the only time this happens?

Thanks, Bill
artmanphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2016, 03:13 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I just sent you an EMD PM with an offer to test using my AOL test account. Of course, unless you look at the raw content of the reply message you received you can't tell if the underlining is contained in the AOL reply or is being somehow generated in Thunderbird at your end.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2016, 10:09 PM   #5
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
It''s not an AOL issue. That feature is built into Thunderbird. There is probably a way to turn it off, but it's been too many years since I've used it and you'll just need to take a look at your preferences or settings.
It's not built into my Thunderbird? This does sound like AOL is causing it.
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote