EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Jan 2006, 09:20 AM   #1
LaszloMailQA

Representative of:
Laszlomail.com
New Laszlo Mail build posted

http://www.laszlomail.com

* Mostly bug fixes.
* References to the service being a demo have been removed.

Keep an eye out for the 404 error. We think we solved the problem we saw the last time we posted a build, but I'd appreciate hearing about it if you see it again.
LaszloMailQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jan 2006, 10:21 AM   #2
euroman

In the inbox list I can only highlight 2 emails at a time by using alt-down arrow in my atempt to clear up inbox. The only alternative that I can see is do a 'select all" ..... am I missing a technique here to highlight more than 2 emails at a time in a list?
euroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:35 PM   #3
mikedk
Cornerstone of the Community

The mails in folders (xx) in the left hand pane are all showing zero.
mikedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:47 PM   #4
badkarma

It's so sloooooooow when I tried to load the first time... got other things to do than wait.
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:51 PM   #5
mikedk

Quote:
Originally posted by badkarma
It's so sloooooooow when I tried to load the first time... got other things to do than wait.

strange; mine was 'lightning' quick.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 01:30 PM   #6
badkarma

Perhaps you have the pages cached by your browser. I'm loading it for the first time.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 03:02 PM   #7
mikedk

Quote:
Perhaps you have the pages cached by your browser. I'm loading it for the first time.
Don't think so; the cache was cleared last night, before I logged on.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 04:06 AM   #8
LaszloMailQA

Representative of:
Laszlomail.com
Quote:
Originally posted by euroman
In the inbox list I can only highlight 2 emails at a time by using alt-down arrow in my atempt to clear up inbox. The only alternative that I can see is do a 'select all" ..... am I missing a technique here to highlight more than 2 emails at a time in a list?
Not being able to select more than two messages at a time with the arrow keys is a long-outstanding bug. But there are two other ways to select messages.

Shift+click allows you to select a range of messages. Control+click allows you to select several individual messages.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 04:08 AM   #9
LaszloMailQA

Representative of:
Laszlomail.com
Quote:
Originally posted by mikedk
The mails in folders (xx) in the left hand pane are all showing zero.
The paradigm has changed a bit. The folder counts now only display the number of unread messages. This was a necessary first step for implementing rules.

You can still see the total number of messages in a folder in the header above the message list.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 04:32 AM   #10
LaszloMailQA

Representative of:
Laszlomail.com
Quote:
Our performance tests show we are considerably faster than most of our competition, especially the DHTML clients.

With a clear cache, a 1.50 Ghz P4 with 256 MB or RAM running Win 2k over a DSL connection downloads the application in less than 10 seconds.

A heavy server server load may cause your performance to be somewhat degraded, but not to the point you are implying you reached.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 08:55 AM   #11
euroman

Thanks for your help.....
euroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2006, 09:08 AM   #12
badkarma

Ok, thanks for the info on performance. I will give it another shot later tonight. Simply had too many things to do yesterday to wait for the page to load. FYI the exact verbage of the message in the last line of Firefox was "Transferring data from ..." and it stayed there for easily over a minute. Perhaps it's network congestion on my side.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 11:32 PM   #13
badkarma

It was probably network congestion on my side. Came up quick this time and I was able to log in.

When I created a new signature, the list did not show it. I can make the new-but-invisible entry the default, and the contents show when I click on the invisible signature entry.

I am using Firefox 1.5 with no other setting changes to Laszlomail.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 05:33 AM   #14
LaszloMailQA

Representative of:
Laszlomail.com
Quote:
It was probably network congestion on my side. Came up quick this time and I was able to log in.

When I created a new signature, the list did not show it. I can make the new-but-invisible entry the default, and the contents show when I click on the invisible signature entry.

I am using Firefox 1.5 with no other setting changes to Laszlomail.
There are two parts for creating the signature; defining the name and defining the signature itself. We don't currently require a name for the signature, and that sounds like what you are seeing. This is a bug that is waiting for an engineer to attend to it.

If you click on the blank entry in the signature list you should be able to edit the name of the signature.