EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Apr 2017, 05:55 PM   #1
odedp
Master of the @

Forwarding a group of emails

A certain search I've performed found 178 emails.
I want to forward all of them to another (external) email address.
Can this be done?
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Apr 2017, 06:10 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The current best way of doing it is with the old classic interface. It allows you to download all the messages in a search result as a zip file. You can then forward the zip file as an attachment. Mostly, I have found this useful when sending the archive to an external party, like a lawyer.

There have been promises that this functionality will be added to the current interface before the classic interface is retired in a few months.

The classic interface also allows you to forward the selected messages from a search individually, but I have found the first method more convenient for most use cases.

If both the original account and account to be forwarded to are yours, there is another approach which I prefer to forwarding. Again, using the classic interface copy the selected messages to a temporary folder. Then, use the ability with FastMail to do a POP retrieval from other than the Inbox. Ask if you want more details of this approach.

Last edited by BritTim : 23 Apr 2017 at 06:15 PM.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2017, 05:45 PM   #3
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
The current best way of doing it is with the old classic interface. It allows you to download all the messages in a search result as a zip file. You can then forward the zip file as an attachment. Mostly, I have found this useful when sending the archive to an external party, like a lawyer.

There have been promises that this functionality will be added to the current interface before the classic interface is retired in a few months.

The classic interface also allows you to forward the selected messages from a search individually, but I have found the first method more convenient for most use cases.

If both the original account and account to be forwarded to are yours, there is another approach which I prefer to forwarding. Again, using the classic interface copy the selected messages to a temporary folder. Then, use the ability with FastMail to do a POP retrieval from other than the Inbox. Ask if you want more details of this approach.
Thanks a lot BritTim
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:24 AM   #4
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
The current best way of doing it is with the old classic interface.

(...)

Boy, it is a important feature that I will miss.

Please don't let the old interface die before we have it implemented in the new interface.

I already used several times both features: [1] download a brunch of messages as a ZIP file and [2] forward dozens of selected emails to another person with just one command.

[ ]s
Dario Mor
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 05:51 AM   #5
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioMor View Post
download a brunch of messages as a ZIP file
Hope it didn't give indigestion...

There is a looooong thread here on the demise of the classic interface. Feel free to post your opinions there if it makes you feel better, but it's a lost cause anyway.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 11:30 AM   #6
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
There is a looooong thread here on the demise of the classic interface. Feel free to post your opinions there if it makes you feel better, but it's a lost cause anyway.
Well... it is not about keeping the old interface.

We are talking about something much easier (I suppose): to replicate some good features wich waren't migrated to the current web interface.

I prefer keep it simple, I mean, separated.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 01:11 AM   #7
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioMor View Post
Boy, it is a important feature that I will miss.

Please don't let the old interface die before we have it implemented in the new interface.

I already used several times both features: [1] download a brunch of messages as a ZIP file and [2] forward dozens of selected emails to another person with just one command.
I just used the feature "forward dozens of selected emails to another person with just one command".

One search resulted in 39 messages and I was forced to use the old interface to be able to forward them to my buddy.

Is there a way to make it in the current web interface?

[ ]s
Dario
Old 11 Dec 2019, 07:31 AM   #8
DaveHanson

Doing this in new interface?

I want to do what OP wanted to do, but with 1,200 emails. I'm using the web interface. How might I accomplish this? TIA.
DaveHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2019, 07:34 AM   #9
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHanson View Post
I want to do what OP wanted to do, but with 1,200 emails. I'm using the web interface. How might I accomplish this? TIA.
I think the only way to do it was killed with the old interface.

I suggest you to open a ticket to ask it directly to Fastmail staff.

If you get good news, please let us know!!!!
Old 11 Dec 2019, 11:36 AM   #10
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHanson View Post
Using the search result, click "Select All"
Then select "More"
Then select "Forward as an attachment"
You should see all the emails from the search result as individual attachments in the email to be forwarded.

If the resulting email with all the 1200 attachments is too big to send, break your search into parts.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2019, 11:49 AM   #11
DaveHanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenweed View Post
Using the search result, click "Select All"
Then select "More"
Then select "Forward as an attachment"
You should see all the emails from the search result as individual attachments in the email to be forwarded.

If the resulting email with all the 1200 attachments is too big to send, break your search into parts.
Thanks gardenweed . I'm aware that you can do this as attachments. I don't think it will work well for my application, I want to forward them individually to another gmail user.

I opened up a case per the above suggestion.
DaveHanson is offline   Reply With Quote