EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 29 Aug 2006, 06:34 AM   #61
btn
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Thumbs up Re: Favourite ice-cream flavour!

B&J's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 12:54 AM   #62
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

The mint McFlurry is back in the UK for Christmas (I think they're back to the Matchmakers branding); if it were a permanent rather than seasonal menu item, my blood-glucose control would be seriously endangered!

BTW, back in the summer I saw a picture (I think it was on Wikipedia) of a rapid-transit system in Singapore or somewhere like that, and just as Western transport systems have "No Smoking" signs, they have signs saying "No Durians"!
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2008, 09:15 AM   #63
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

The "No Durians" sign I saw was on Wikipedia.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 04:30 AM   #64
sterdeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@fm View Post
The "No Durians" sign I saw was on Wikipedia.
That's hilarious!

I notice a trend, it seems more woman like durian that men. Is it a trend amongst my friends or something widespread?
sterdeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 06:50 PM   #65
dragon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT.BAK View Post
To anyone interested [That is to say, nobody — Ed], I've just found another site that is skeptical about the claims that Stevia is supposedly healthy...
Healthy or not, I saw a commercial on the TV last night for a new sweetener called Truvia, made from the leaves of the stevia plant. Cargill Inc. is marketing it in the U.S. and it debuts today, Wednesday. You can Google the dot.com name for the website (but McAfee SiteAdvisor hasn't tested the site yet so I hesitate to provide a link to it). Apparently, the product has been jointly tested and developed by Cargill and the Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company will be putting the sweetener in their beverages. But the news article on the bottom of their News page doesn't say which particular beverage, 'tho' I assume it'll be all their "diet" varieties. Cargill (they also manufacture salt, among other things) will be offering the tabletop product both online and in stores. BTW, they claim that they've provided scientific data attesting to the safety of rebiana, the sweet chemical component of stevia, to the Food and Drug Admin. and have published their studies in a scientific journal. All this can be found on their News page.

Hah, I tried finding my nearest store and the site can't process my request at this time. But there is a note that it will be sold at Whole Food Markets in the U.S. Well, I suppose that if it goes over well with consumers, we should see it other food products like ice cream. Good segue to the actual topic of this thread?
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 02:34 AM   #66
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT.BAK View Post
Ben & Jerry's are rather pricy but very good quality, and of their flavours (that I've tried) the one I keep coming back to is Cherry Garcia® (cherries — real ones — and chocolate chunks), which I think is named after the late Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead.# (Perhaps their lemon sorbet, Lemony, should be renamed John Lemon?)
I've recently seen a classic Simpsons episode which makes play of this idea.
Old 8 Aug 2015, 05:43 AM   #67
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I'm a cherry addict, no matter if it's the pure cherry, cherry flavoured ice cream, cherry cola, cherry juice, ... So cherry is my favourite flavor by far

Others I like: pistache, "smurf ice" (the blue coloured one tasting a bit like mint mixed with chewing gum), strawberry, raspberry, ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2015, 05:54 AM   #68
B4its2L8
Master of the @

I'll drink a Teaberry milkshake at the drop of a hat.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2015, 01:34 PM   #69
Mike Blake

I'm from Rhode Island, where our passion is coffee ice cream. Though I actually prefer French vanilla or butter brickle/butter crunch.
Mike Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2015, 05:10 PM   #70
randian

Chocolate Mousse Royale from Baskin Robbins. Not sure where you can get it though.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2015, 09:17 PM   #71
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Memories of my younger days, a 99 with monkey's blood.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2015, 03:16 AM   #72
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blake View Post
I think this thread was revived from the grave by a recent spammer who was flooding the forums with posts about coffee, green tea and related products.

He also PM'd me asking how he could get HTML and IMG markup enabled — although, as I'm not flagged as the Admin, what made him think I could help with those is beyond me.