EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Sep 2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Dimple

Cannot Access FM Domain AT ALL!

I'm trying to check my email through the web, but when I try to go to fastmail.fm (or sent.com, since that's the domain I use), the domain totally freezes. I cannot access any fm domains at all and am forced to close the window. I do not have access to FM in Safari or Chrome.

I eventually came to the discussion board through emaildiscussions (and not through fastmail.fm/forum or is it forum.fastmail.fm... doesn't matter, since neither works). It's irritating because I can't even access support at this time.

Anyone else having the same issue? What should I do?

Thanks.
Dimple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Sep 2012, 02:24 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

1) I have no problem with web access to fastmail.fm (IE, FF & Chrome on Win 7 it that's relevant).
2) fastmail.fm/forum or forum.fastmail.fm won't work, as these addresses simply do not exist. The forum is not run by fastmail.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Dimple

Never mind. I cleaned out my cookies and passwords in Chrome and Safari, ran some maintenance scripts and rebooted. Seems to be working fine now. (Would love to know what happened though...)

FYI: forum.fastmail.fm redirects to email discussions FM page. I just tried it
Dimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2012, 12:15 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Some clarification:
  • The link to forum.fastmail.fm is found at the bottom of any Fastmail page (talk to other users) when you are logged in to the current or beta html Fastmail web interface.
  • In all web interfaces (including the new beta AJAX) you can reach forum.fastmail.fm at:
    Help (at top) >Support (at top) > Forum
  • The forum.fastmail.fm URL redirects to this Fastmail support page:
    https://www.fastmail.fm/docs/forum/index.html
    This Fastmail support page is titled "Fastmail.FM Forums" in your browser tab. It contains links to the three EmailDiscussions.com Fastmail forums.
I'm not sure why you had trouble accessing the Fastmail site, but it might be due to the security certificate update nine days ago:
*.fastmail.fm certificate updated

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote