EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:05 AM   #1
dlw

Photo ?

Is it possible to insert a photo in the message area instead of sending it as an attachment in Fast Mail? If so, how?

Thanks,
dlw

Last edited by dlw : 19 Aug 2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Correction
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Aug 2014, 05:16 AM   #2
tsphillips

Photos in (not just attached to) e-mails

In 2012 I was able to include photos in the body of an e-mail (albeit as well as, not instead of, attaching the photo) as follows:
Compose an e-mail in rich text (not plain text);
Open the photo file;
Select the image and copy and paste it into the body of the e-mail message; and
Attach the photo file to the e-mail.

I am, however, no longer able to achieve this - and would welcome guidance.
tsphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Aug 2014, 06:13 AM   #3
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

I have just tried this with two of the web UI's (classic & new), and my local client as well. For both of the web UI's, the 'Make Rich Text' option had to be selected (the link had to be clicked), as well as the 'Compose messages in HTML format' in my client had to be selected. The web UI's and probably all clients (I know mine can. Fossamail. So I'm sure Thunderbird can as well) can be set for this to be default. In all three cases, I simply copied the image to the clipboard then pasted it into the message body. All three messages were received with the picture embedded. When sending from one (I don't remember which) of the web UI's (I think it was the new one), and my client, the image was also attached to the message.

- bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Aug 2014, 07:15 AM   #4
tsphillips

Thanks Bruce

I too have just tried this with the two web UI's (classic & new). Although in the Compose screen the image appears to be embedded in the message, when I actually send the message it contains only a blank line where the image used to be.

I will do some more experiments.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 07:52 AM   #5
tsphillips

I found the information I wanted in the thread at this link
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...ht=embed+photo
Old 3 Aug 2014, 02:20 PM   #6
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsphillips View Post
.., when I actually send the message it contains only a blank line where the image used to be.
Do you mean the email that is received, or the email that you sent, has only a blank line where the image used to be?

- Bruce

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsphillips View Post
I found the information I wanted in the thread at this link
You can of course add in a link to any just about any image on the 'net, and Fastmail does make this very easy and convenient if the image is 'stored' there. Are you still unable to just simply copy/paste an image? The only minor 'caveat' to that scheme (to me..) is that the image has to be opened in whatever image viewer you use and copied to clipboard from there. The picture is almost always going to be on your computer, and it almost always will take less time to decide which one to open and copy, then it would to upload it right then as an attachment or something.

I don't send a lot of emails, but when I do, I don't want minutes between the time I Send it, and the time it tells me the message has been sent..

That's a "Most Interesting Email Guy to Himself" quote

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 3 Aug 2014 at 02:47 PM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote