EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 May 2015, 03:47 AM   #1
tsphillips

The "Insert note" feature

The blog post at this link
http://blog.fastmail.com/2014/04/03/...ifying-others/
says
Quote:
Signatures

Currently there’s a separate signatures screen for setting your signatures. You then select which signature to associate with with each personality.

Most people don’t work this way and find this extra level of indirection annoying or confusing. So we’re going to remove the signatures screen and just allow setting/editing of signatures on the personalities screen.

The one thing this will affect is the classic compose interface. In the advanced section you can choose which signature you want to use separate to the current personality. This option will be removed. If you want to use separate custom signatures, we recommend putting them in the Notepad and using the “Insert note” feature before sending.

Update: May 22, 2015! After a long delay, this has finally been completed. Any orphaned signatures have been added as a note page in the users Notes screen.
This affects me and my orphaned signatures have been added as a note page in my Notes screen - but I do not know how to use the "Insert note" feature and cannot find anything about it in Fastmail's help pages or in this forum.

Can you help?
tsphillips is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 May 2015, 06:01 AM   #2
B4its2L8
Master of the @

You first have to go to the Classic web interface when logging in. Go to the Notes tab and find the list of notes at left. Open a note and at bottom you will find a check box "Quick Note." Select this and click "Save Note." Do this for all those notes that you want to be able to insert in a message. So, each signature must be its own note.

Then when you're composing a message in the classic interface, click the dropdown menu and find: "Insert Note" under which will be listed the notes you may insert.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 06:06 AM   #3
tsphillips

Thank you!
tsphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2015, 06:21 AM   #4
Peekay

I thought Quick Notes was a brilliant feature and really useful when assembling emails where you wanted to insert standard texts at different points of the email.

I haven't used my account for a while and I didn't see a 'classic interface' login option today, so I guess Quick Notes are gone for good?

BTW I like the new look, just sad not to see that feature.
Peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2015, 07:22 PM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay View Post
I haven't used my account for a while and I didn't see a 'classic interface' login option today, so I guess Quick Notes are gone for good?
https://classic.fastmail.com
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Peekay

Ah-ha! Many thanks for that link Berenburger
Peekay is offline   Reply With Quote