EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 26 Jan 2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Everyone.net decided to stop free email

I just receive this mail.

EVERYONE.NET CHANGE OF PUBLISHER MAIL SERVICE

Dear Publisher Mail Partner,

Upon final review, Everyone.net will be ending access for free web mail accounts to the Publisher Mail (formerly Sponsored Mail) service on Thursday, March 23rd, 2017. Subscribers to Mail Plus Total Protection will continue to have access and will not be impacted. Free Publisher Mail users will be given the option to subscribe to Mail Plus Total Protection to continue using their email service.

Prior to this on Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 free Publisher Mail users will have their ability to send email through web mail disabled. Free Publisher Mail users will be notified of the upcoming changes through web mail. The benefits of Mail Plus Total Protection include:
2GB mail storage
Advertisement-free web mail
POP, IMAP, SMTP, and mobile access
one_mobile service to sync email, calendar, and contacts
Email-based technical support
This change is part of our ongoing efforts to reduce email abuse and improve security. Thank you for choosing Everyone.net.

Sincerely,

The Everyone.net Support Team
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jan 2017, 07:20 PM   #2
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Was in news sometime earlier. Now again?
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2017, 11:05 PM   #3
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
The earlier one they seems to cancelled the plan. Now they are starting it again.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2017, 03:57 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Sad.... Everyone is getting greedy and service is getting worse.......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2017, 09:31 PM   #5
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I've never liked their webmail. A lot of provides are going paid and there's plenty of better ones around.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 11:19 AM   #6
searchingman

the downhill slide

Looks like the end now.
This company is on a down hill slide financially.

I will stay with EXCITE.COM
This was one of the very first free email providers back in 1992 at the start of the public Internet service.
searchingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:25 PM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yea and I think everyone is!!!!

Welcome to EMD
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2017, 12:40 PM   #8
rmannam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
I've never liked their webmail. A lot of provides are going paid and there's plenty of better ones around.
I agree with you.
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 04:50 AM   #9
Jerry
Essential Contributor

I'll miss it. It's been totally reliable since 1998 and the "old" interface (still available) is so simple I could recommend it to my grandmother's friends without worry that they couldn't understand it without a lot of hand-holding.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2017, 02:17 AM   #10
Essential Contributor

Since they were web-based and could not use IMAP/POP, they were only good as junk mail collectors. I used to have a few addresses powered by them, but haven't had one in awhile.
541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 06:45 AM   #11
Rafe

Question Gmail Fetching from everyone.net account?

It looks like the free accounts at everyone.net are going to be able to receive email, but not send it. So that can help with anyone trying to create a new account elsewhere.

I'm trying to get a gmail account to fetch the existing mail from a free account, but I'm having trouble. The email address is: name@wild4life.com

I've tried a pop of pop.wild4life.com
and pop.everyone.net

but both are rejected by Gmail. Any ideas on what the correct setting are to fetch an old free everyone.net account with Gmail?

TIA
Rafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 07:04 AM   #12
Jerry
Essential Contributor

You may be out of luck, Rafe. Historically, Everyone.net has made POP/IMAP/SMPT available to EXPORT mail only to paid its subscribers, although it allowed anyone to IMPORT mail to his free Everyone.net account. I see nothing in the Everyone.net notice (that is now on all the free account-holders' INBOX pages) where it plans to allow bulk downloading of existing mail for non-paying users.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 04:11 AM   #13
OneTrickPony

I never realized how many small time email providers used Everyone. I have a couple of old emails on places like Clipart, Netzoola, USCTrojans, and Mailpride, and all of them are locked up tightly now.

I can't imagine anyone paying $35 a year for Everyone email. It has the feel of email services like AOL from the dial-up era. It has a terrible habit of bouncing emails from legit sources as well. The reason I rarely use those emails is because of how unreliable they are.

They may have had more luck with trying to get $10-20 out of someone for lifetime service. I might have done that with my trojan account. But not $350 for the nearly decade I've had it. I just used it for coupons and stuff.
OneTrickPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2017, 04:27 AM   #14
Jerry
Essential Contributor

Everyone.net had one really nice feature that I haven't been able to find in any of the remaining free services -- the ability to have a text-alert sent to my cellphone when new mail arrived. It didn't actually forward the new incoming email message; it sent a separate message that said "New mail has arrived at your Xxxxx account." I had to actually sign-in to my Everyone.net account to see the new email (and their ads of course -- they weren't dummies).
Old 22 Mar 2017, 11:43 AM   #15
MichaelH

I am affected too. I had four free email addresses which I used as contact addresses for posting on web sites. (I am an amateur webmaster and posted the addresses in the "Contact Me" section. Avoids the risk of getting my personal account spammed.)

Now I don't know what I will do. I don't want to pay for four email addresses just to be used as potential spam magnets.

Looks like many companies are feeling the pinch. Myway.com, which was run by Excite, was terminated December 2015. They claim the email service will continue, but who knows.

Even Google, which offered free hosted webmail for webmasters some years ago, stopped that particular service. That service is now part of G Suite, which costs $5 per month per user.

I suppose it is all because it is getting harder and harder to make money online. People are simply no longer clicking on ads. But if advertising doesn't pay the bills anymore, what does that leave? A user pay system. I am sure this trend will continue.
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote