EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Feb 2010, 01:48 AM   #1
heraldo

possible to changing my email address? full account at Fastmail

I would like to change my email address at fastmail without using the aliases, is that possible? The "rename" page is unavailable when I am logged in.
heraldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Feb 2010, 02:14 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Fastmail used do this (if a request was made to support) in the past. If you have an annual paid account they will likely do it. Regardless of account level, it would not hurt to ask.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 02:41 AM   #3
heraldo

Thanks! I'll contact them then.
heraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 11:56 AM   #4
denverharless
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm curious--does anyone know why the rename/consolidate page is "unavailable"? I'm thinking about changing my home domain after an upgrade.
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 01:47 PM   #5
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverharless View Post
I'm curious--does anyone know why the rename/consolidate page is "unavailable"? I'm thinking about changing my home domain after an upgrade.
It used to be that this option was always available, even though (according to the rules) you were only allowed to change your address after an upgrade (to an higher account level) - request to support, to ask for a name change, were usually granted (even if you did not officially qualify)

The above is what I remember as being the procedure a few years ago....

As this is disabled now, I suspect that the option might become available to use if you upgrade (and qualify for a shorter email address) - or possibly this is just broken (or has been disabled at the client level)
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Mystakill

FWIW, if a family plan meets your needs, that would allow you to change domains (FM or personal) and usernames any time you wish.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:00 AM   #7
denverharless

Thanks, guys. A family plan is not a bad idea, but it's a little more than I want. I just want to change my home domain. This would be the second time I've done it, so I kind of hate to ask for help. I'm a "member", having paid only once. But, I'd be willing to switch to an "ad-free" account, if necessary, especially since it comes with a few extra features (larger addressbook, etc.). Has anyone heard why this "rename / consolidate" feature is temporarily disabled? Does anyone not see this notice when you click on rename/consolidate in Options?
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 12:18 PM   #8
BillyWill

Yes I am getting it too on an enhanced account.

"Rename Account
This screen is temporarily unavailable"
BillyWill is offline   Reply With Quote