EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 19 Apr 2011, 06:21 PM   #1
The Storm
Essential Contributor

Question Windows Live Mail and Hotmail

Just a quick question! Get a LOT of forwarded emails/junk and was just wondering if the live mail software is IMAP or pop3

Basically it would be ideal for me to 'sync' hotmail to the client just like iTunes for example. Would just make life easier when deleting/filtering emails to folders if possible, and I really prefer the web interface for iphone use/pc use

Cheers for any help!!

Ps been quite a while since I've been here! hehe hope everyones well!

dan
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Apr 2011, 08:09 PM   #2
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Dan, the "Live " mail client seems to automatically set up Gmail as IMAP so not sure how it treat Hotmail now which is allowing pop3 IIRC but does it have IMAP for hotmail?

Would one not have heard about it by now if that was rolled out? Hotmail being that huge it would cost them a lot of money to implement?

But the mail client in itself does have IMAP and even force it on me if I set up Gmail so that works.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2011, 03:19 AM   #3
Shelded

I must misunderstand this question. You're posting to ask if WML does IMAP or POP3? It does both. A few seconds with it answers that. So you must be asking some other question. Puzzled. Maybe you just really, really, don't want to install WLM to answer the question. I know I found the product weakly-documented online.

Dan, welcome back. Dont take me as harsh, just puzzled.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote