EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 10 Feb 2018, 02:59 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox 7 Beta Test

Just appeared moments ago, @Runbox on Twitter:

Join the webmail revolution with #Runbox7 by participating in our beta test! Just DM your username, and we'll turbocharge your email.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Feb 2018, 04:57 AM   #2
Glendon CDN

Question

Odd post from Runbox. Direct Messages are possible only to users who follow oneself or if a user has agreed to accept all messages. Runbox has not done so, Thus any any attempt to register the way is blocked.
Glendon CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 04:59 AM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendon CDN View Post
Odd post from Runbox. Direct Messages are possible only to users who follow oneself or if a user has agreed to accept all messages. Runbox has not done so, Thus any any attempt to register the way is blocked.
The quote is from Twitter, so the DM is through Twitter.

I would suggest a tweet to them, perhaps?

Added:

Just tweeted to @Runbox about the DM suggestion on behalf of the forum.

Last edited by FredOnline : 10 Feb 2018 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Added:
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2018, 05:11 AM   #4
Glendon CDN

Sent a similar non-private message myself. Caution - User Name or other personal information should never be posted on Twitter unless in the private Direct Message area.
Old 12 Feb 2018, 10:11 PM   #5
Glendon CDN

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendon CDN View Post
A mea culpa of sorts here.The problem sending a Direct Message may be app specific and rest with my preferred Twitter app, Tweetbot.. On a whim this morning, I tried the "official" Twitter app on macOS as well as Twitterific in iOS [all of which I rarely use, preferring Tweetbot] and Runbox pops-up as a valid recipient for a new DM. It's particularly strange that I can start a new DM exchange with other Twitter users who follow me or have accounts set to open to receive messages from anyone. I will advise the people at Tapbots, developers of Tweetbot of this oddity.

Meanwhile, Runbox did respond to me that they are still working through the existing list of applicants to participate in the beta; no indication of how long that will take.