EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Jul 2018, 08:39 PM   #1
hjACFjf4B6

Considering using Fastmail for Calendar

I currently use Outlook 2016 (aka offline storage), and I like the To Do Bar on the right (in Outlook) that I can see while reading email. Does FastMail offer something similar? I have the 3 column reading pane view (folders, items, content), However, my screen is wide enough that there could be something on the right side.

I noticed a few threads about dealing with an outlook calendar. If I make Fastmail the "primary" calendar, is there a way for Outlook (desktop-Windows) to be a client/consumer of it?

Thanks

Peter
hjACFjf4B6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Jul 2018, 10:30 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjACFjf4B6 View Post
I currently use Outlook 2016 (aka offline storage), and I like the To Do Bar on the right (in Outlook) that I can see while reading email. Does FastMail offer something similar? I have the 3 column reading pane view (folders, items, content), However, my screen is wide enough that there could be something on the right side
Yes, but no to-do list.

Quote:
I noticed a few threads about dealing with an outlook calendar. If I make Fastmail the "primary" calendar, is there a way for Outlook (desktop-Windows) to be a client/consumer of it?
Yes. Make your Outlook calendar 'public' and subscribe to it in FastMail (CalDAV).
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2018, 08:06 PM   #3
hjACFjf4B6

Well it turns Outlook really sucks when doing such online stuff. But Google Calendar seems to work great.

To FastMail:
* When I switch to Calendar view, the Browser favicon doesn't change.
* It would be great if In Overview could be defined as a default view.
* When "In Overview", the Right Hand side panel (Like Outlook To Do Bar) is GREAT.
Please consider making it available when in "Inbox" view.
* Allow configuration of the Side Panel for how many days to show, 5, 10, etc. or some variable number up to something.

Thanks!
hjACFjf4B6 is offline   Reply With Quote