EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 15 Mar 2024, 05:02 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
How many Gmail accounts are allowed per person?

The question of the topic says it all I was wondering how many accounts one person can have as maximum without risking to see some accounts being suspended due to having too many Google accounts?

I realise this question was asked in the past, but that was quite a long while ago so maybe rules have changed, also the answers I can recall from the past were quite vague rather than an exact number. I can recall Gmail encourages multiple accounts, but I guess there is a limit to how many accounts they'd tolerate from one user?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Mar 2024, 05:59 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

The answer seems to be there is no hard limit on the number, but after awhile they disallow you to use the same phone number to authenticate accounts so you would have to use different numbers. https://support.google.com/accounts/...e-number?hl=en

Quote:
The exact limitations on the number of Gmail accounts you can verify using a single mobile number are not explicitly mentioned by Google. However, users have observed that there is a general restriction of about four accounts per mobile number. This limitation helps prevent abuse and misuse of the platform.
https://mailmeteor.com/blog/how-many...nts-can-i-have
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2024, 11:39 PM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

4 accounts? That's still rather generous given how many storage you get with a Gmail account But where does that observation come from?

I find it odd that there is no specific number specified by Gmail, because how do they determine what is "too many accounts"? If they don't have real criteria set for this, on what basis will they judge?

If only it were possible to sign up for a Google account using another email address (eg a Yahoo or Outlook address that you could use for creating a Google account to post or comment on YouTube etc) then I'd probably do that.
Old 6 Apr 2024, 08:25 AM   #4
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
If only it were possible to sign up for a Google account using another email address.
You can create a Google account with any email address. My youngest son's Google account is with a subdomain address in my domain, and also another Google account I created to use on our "smart" TV is with an address in a subdomain of another of my domains. My Google account is originally my Gmail account from 2004, and because of that I cant change it to one of my domains (you cannot change the address of a Google account if it is a Gmail address. You can change if it is any other domain). But I don't think you get email service with a Google account unless the address is in gmail.com or in googlemail.com.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2024, 02:11 AM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

How can you create a Google account with a non-Gmail address?

I would need a Google account for the sake of commenting on YouTube videos, uploading videos to a YouTube channel, and leaving reviews on Google. If there is a way of doing that without creating another Gmail address, I'd prefer that.

The Gmail accounts I do have are used for rather private communication, so I'd prefer to not use those for YouTube and for leaving reviews.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 07:56 AM   #6
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Create a Google Account - Google Account Help
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2024, 03:45 PM   #7
dryoldlime

Quote:

I would need a Google account for the sake of commenting on YouTube videos, uploading videos to a YouTube channel, and leaving reviews on Google. If there is a way of doing that without creating another Gmail address, I'd prefer that.

The Gmail accounts I do have are used for rather private communication, so I'd prefer to not use those for YouTube and for leaving reviews.
Only way I know (if still allowed) is BUY A MOBILE ANDROID DEVICE; set it up and use it to create a Google account. There! You have it! You can deal with giving a mobile number and alternate email address later, whenever you are ready.
dryoldlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2024, 01:38 AM   #8
superskyelinal

Sorry if I must ask this, mail from gmail missing because google deleted my emails???

Quote:
The question of the topic says it all I was wondering how many accounts one person can have as maximum without risking to see some accounts being suspended due to having too many Google accounts?

I realise this question was asked in the past, but that was quite a long while ago so maybe rules have changed, also the answers I can recall from the past were quite vague rather than an exact number. I can recall Gmail encourages multiple accounts, but I guess there is a limit to how many accounts they'd tolerate from one user?
Sorry if I must ask this, mail from gmail missing because google deleted my emails???
Or did something or someone hack my accounts and deleted them themselves? I have asked this everywhere but got no help. ONLY I HAVE ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNTS!!!!
superskyelinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2024, 03:43 AM   #9
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Do you need a Gmail account to start a Blogger/Blogspot blog, or can this be done with a different email account too?