EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 17 May 2014, 07:09 PM   #1
susanmary

facebook contacts in my LiveMail contacts

For reasons unknown to me, all of my facebook contacts have appeared in my Windows Live Mail contacts. They can neither be edited nor deleted. They are a nuisance, I don't want them there. I have looked at all settings in face book and in Live Mail and nothing will help. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it (in words of one syllable please - I am not techno savvy). Any help would be appreciated.
susanmary is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 May 2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Franko753

In the following, I assume you mean with "windows live mail" the email client you use on your PC and not the webbased email service.

I've had the same problem. My windows phone 7.5 got all the fb contacts over and synced it to outlook.com and from there to windows live mail on PC.

You might be able to tick them off in windows live mail contacts: on left side you should see fb contacts, try to disable them. I might be mistaken! - is some time since I ditched windows phone + outlook.com + windows live mail. If you cannot delete them in windows live mail you might want to try another email client, eg thunderbird or eM client. I use the latter and I could delete all unwanted fb contacts.

However, if you want them not to appear again, you need to stop the import into your contacts. If it happens from your windows phone, check your settings. I am not sure if you can stop windows phone from importing fb contacts without deleting your fb access.
Franko753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2014, 11:20 AM   #3
susanmary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko753 View Post
In the following, I assume you mean with "windows live mail" the email client you use on your PC and not the webbased email service.

I've had the same problem. My windows phone 7.5 got all the fb contacts over and synced it to outlook.com and from there to windows live mail on PC.

You might be able to tick them off in windows live mail contacts: on left side you should see fb contacts, try to disable them. I might be mistaken! - is some time since I ditched windows phone + outlook.com + windows live mail. If you cannot delete them in windows live mail you might want to try another email client, eg thunderbird or eM client. I use the latter and I could delete all unwanted fb contacts.

However, if you want them not to appear again, you need to stop the import into your contacts. If it happens from your windows phone, check your settings. I am not sure if you can stop windows phone from importing fb contacts without deleting your fb access.
Thanks for that Franko753. A lot of what you say is over my head but what I can tell you is that my phone is not involved in any way. This is purely all on my laptop. My phone is for phone calls in my opinion. I have tried deleting these facebook contacts to no avail; no delete function on screen or keyboard does a thing. Highlighting the contacts then trying to delete is hopeless as the delete option does not highlight and therefore cannot be clicked on.
susanmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2014, 04:13 PM   #4
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Presumably Windows Live Mail is syncing with your outlook.com/hotmail/live account.

See if this youtube video is of any use.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2014, 06:29 PM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Presumably Windows Live Mail is syncing with your outlook.com/hotmail/live account.
..... and your outlook.com/hotmail/live account is syncing with Facebook. The video is telling you how to remove the connection with Facebook. Then your Facebook contacts will disappear from your Live Mail.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote