EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Mar 2013, 10:19 PM   #1
smhardesty

Angry "Login Disabled"

2 days ago I started sending questions in to Fastmail support via support ticket. I was being bombarded by some type SPAM e-mails. They appeared to be bounced SPAM e-mails, with my e-mail address and many other peoples' names. No reply from support!

Yesterday I started all over sending in requests for help via a support ticket. NO REPLY!

Then last night I tried to retrieve my e-mail in Thunderbird and received an error that the account was unavailable or disabled. Sure enough, when I tried to login to webmail, I got a message that 'Login Disabled'. I sent an immediate request via support ticket. That was 10 hours ago. About an hour ago I posted again on that ticket. Sure, you guessed it, NO RESPONSE!!!!

Is this the type of 'so called support' that is typical??? I would have gladly flourished this forum post with adjectives that more accurately describe how I feel right now, but it would have been jerked so I tamed it down. But I can say this is a crock!

I'm really not supposed to expect any support after 48 hours? That's support??!!?? BULL!!!!!! There's a cute little smiley!!
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Mar 2013, 01:07 PM   #2
yassarali
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
I have responded to your ticket now. Sorry about the delay there.

Basically, "Ad Free" service level have a very low priority (we actually don't advertise support for "Ad Free"). So, their tickets are always at the bottom.

However, we do try and track locked/compromised account issues at every service level and try to respond to them quickly to get their accounts unlocked. In this case, I actually missed out your ticket, sorry.

Its been responded to now, please update the ticket and we'll get back to you there.

-Yassar.
yassarali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2013, 10:58 PM   #3
smhardesty

Thumbs down Really?

Well, gee, Yassar. I didn't realize that my paid account made me a red headed, bas**rd, step child!

Your company (that would be Fastmail.fm) didn't indicate to me that I would be such a "very low priority" when they sent e-mail after e-mail advertising the 'Ad free' account and nearly pleading with me to send $$$ to 'upgrade' my free account.

I have to assume that these changes have occurred since the 'bail out-sell out' to Opera???

I guess I'll be shifting my communication from my Fastmail account to one of my other accounts over the next few days & weeks. Then I guess I'll either have to close this account or just let it expire.

And I really do have to admit that I'm not at all pleased with the implication/insinuation that my account was 'compromised' due to my 'most likely' logging in to my account at an 'Internet Cafe'. As I stated on the ticket page, I have never, NEVER logged onto any PC at an Internet Cafe. I DON'T run Windows on my computers, and I most certainly had Thunderbird configured to SSL/TLS.

What really irks me is that you openly admitted on your own 'Status' page that you had been "under heavy attack" and you just happened to post that on the very day my account was 'compromised'. I wonder how that might have happened,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote