EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Sep 2013, 07:51 PM   #1
miguelm

Fastmail Bad review - account closure

Hi,

I got my lifetime account at fastmail.fm closed, I have sent an email to fastmail to ask why it was closed the account and they answer me "isnt the service we provide already cheap?"

what cheap? they don't understand I bought a FASTMAIL LIVETIME ACCOUNT???

Very dissapointing and frustrating, I want my money back
miguelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Sep 2013, 09:48 PM   #2
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Did you leave the account inactive for three months? That has always been a reason for closure of a Member account, and is now the closure criterion for Guest accounts as well (can't remember what it was before, but it was shorter).

In any case, it turned out in 2010 that "lifetime" meant "8 years". That's better than Bigfoot's "lifetime" of "5 years", but even a Gallivespian has a longer lifespan than that.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2013, 12:08 AM   #3
miguelm

No, I did not left it inactive for three months, I was login to the account and saw the warning that the account was going to be closed, I have asked for support and I was still able to read the reply, after some days the account was closed

the account had arround 3 years, no reason to close it
miguelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2013, 06:29 PM   #4
yassarali
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelm View Post
No, I did not left it inactive for three months, I was login to the account and saw the warning that the account was going to be closed, I have asked for support and I was still able to read the reply, after some days the account was closed

the account had arround 3 years, no reason to close it
Could you please PM me the username of your fastmail account and the ticket-id that you submitted?

I'll then get back to you on this.

-Yassar.
yassarali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2013, 02:28 AM   #5
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

FM inactivity period is 4 months, not 3, unless there has been another change

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@fm View Post
Did you leave the account inactive for three months? That has always been a reason for closure of a Member account, and is now the closure criterion for Guest accounts as well (can't remember what it was before, but it was shorter).
In 2011, johanborg (who is listed as an Opera rep), in a post about the inactivity period, wrote that "We have bumped it to 120 days for both fastmail.fm and mail.opera.com. On mail.opera.com this means we delete the e-mail account but not your Opera account which can still be used for Opera Link or Unite or other Opera services."
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote