EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Dec 2017, 10:24 PM   #1
Terry Mail

MS Outlook alternative?

Hi everyone, This is my very first forum post!
I’m looking for an email app to replace MS Outlook that is able to import & share MS Contacts etc across my Desktop PC (Win 7) + Laptop(Win 10) + 2x iPhone 6S (+ possibly a Samsung Tab-S).
All currently working ok (with same email address) but need them to share/sync MS Contacts that currently only reside on my PC.
Is this possible? I'm reasonably computer literate, but definitely not a tech nerd with email set-up etc and find it all a bit of a nightmare.

Not sure whether to expect a plethora of competing options, or a few simple "Cant' be done"s, or "It's complicated".

Suggestions/ideas please.
Cheers Terry
Terry Mail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Dec 2017, 01:59 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums, Terry!

If you have an Outlook.com, Office 365, or Exchange account the easiest way is to just install the Outlook app on the iOS and Android devices. You can access your Microsoft email account from your PC’s via the outlook.com website or with the Outlook application installed on the PC. You can read and send email, access your contacts, use your calendar, and share files across all of these devices. You can also use the Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage system. Access to all of these features across all of your devices and PC’s is one of the main Microsoft features.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2017, 07:31 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

As Bill noted above, use a webmail platform and you will be able to access your email anywhere. Outlook.com works well, but you can also import all of your Microsoft contacts quite easily into Gmail and go that way. I've used both Outlook.com and Gmail and prefer Gmail. Just do a one-time export of your contacts and calendar and then a one-time import into Gmail and you are good to go. The Google apps for iOS work well too.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2017, 12:26 PM   #4
EricG
Essential Contributor

It seems you Office Outlook and local contacts.

If you have an outlook or gmail account, you should export the contacts from outlook then import them into webmail. They will be available on all devices when you use webmail, gmail app, etc. We need to know which email service you use.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jan 2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Terry Mail

Thanks everyone,
Seems simpler than I had imagined. However, it will have to take a back seat for a while due to other more pressing commitments.
Thanks again, - much appreciated.
Terry
Terry Mail is offline   Reply With Quote