EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Dec 2017, 08:36 PM   #106
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence will be present at CPDP2018!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Mailfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2017, 06:09 AM   #107
pjwalsh
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailfence View Post
The inbox storage size had already been increased from 200MB to 500MB for free plans.
Excellent! I see the website has now been updated with the new quota.
https://mailfence.com/index.jsp#plans

File storage still shows 250MB? The next (paid) tier offers 12GB...

Quote:
To enable secure user access to that key from multiple devices, and to provide ease-of-use.

Every OpenPGP keypair is generated on front-end, encrypted with user passphrase and then stored on the back-end (which has zero-knowledge of the actual key content).

Besides we provide full freedom, so users who won't prefer to place their (encrypted) keys on our servers - can perfectly keep them on their machines while using their mailfence account via IMAP/POP3/ActiveSync/SMTP (e.g., using thunderbird/enigmail etc.)
Thanks for that explanation.

As I've remarked previously, the Mailfence OpenPGP interoperability sets it apart from the alternatives. ProtonMail has been dragging their feet for over 2 years on interoperability, presumably having decided on a walled garden approach to user security. An affront to open standards and the ubiquitous adoption of end-to-end email security.

Is Mailfence considering Fido U2F as a 2FA option? A physical U2F key is much more secure than using a TOTP app (Google Authenticator) from the same device used to log in to the web site.
pjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2017, 01:41 AM   #108
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwalsh View Post
File storage still shows 250MB? The next (paid) tier offers 12GB...
The document storage that you see there is actually the combined storage size of your personal and allowed group storage. That makes the free plan storage size a total of 500MB (and we'll rectify that on the homepage soon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwalsh View Post
Is Mailfence considering Fido U2F as a 2FA option? A physical U2F key is much more secure than using a TOTP app (Google Authenticator) from the same device used to log in to the web site.
It is on our development pipeline, but currently not on our priority list.

Kind regards,
Mailfence support
Old 26 Dec 2017, 08:19 PM   #109
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence: User data security, privacy and anonymity!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 29 Dec 2017, 02:32 AM   #110
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

So, you still require another email address in order to create an account on mailfence? I don't have any other email client and/or I don't want to provide one.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2018, 07:30 PM   #111
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Does mailfence's webclient have a dark theme and/or keyboard shortcuts (for stuff like compose, reply, forward, etc)?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2018, 09:32 PM   #112
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
So, you still require another email address in order to create an account on mailfence? I don't have any other email client and/or I don't want to provide one.
You can use any disposable address service of your choice, but keep in mind that you will not be able to reset your password in case it's forgotten/lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Does mailfence's webclient have a dark theme and/or keyboard shortcuts (for stuff like compose, reply, forward, etc)?
For dark theme, No.
We are working on refining our UI/UX along with the possibility of a new dark theme.

For keyboard shortcuts, Yes but limited to e.g., selecting (shift+up/down), delete, ...
We do plan to extend our support of keybaord shortcuts for other operations as well, but that currently is not on our priority list.

Kind regards,
Mailfence support
Old 6 Jan 2018, 03:54 AM   #113
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thank you for being so active here my friend and answering questions about your service and all

Happy new year!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jan 2018, 02:05 AM   #114
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Thank you for being so active here my friend and answering questions about your service and all

Happy new year!!
We thank you for your feedback.

Happy new year to you too.

Kind regards,
Mailfence support

Last edited by Mailfence : 9 Jan 2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 02:07 AM   #115
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Spoofing defense for Custom domains: SPF, DKIM, DMARC!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 16 Jan 2018, 11:02 PM   #116
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence will be present at ‘First PrivacyCafé of 2018’ by Privacy Training Center!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 30 Jan 2018, 03:01 PM   #117
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmermanfan View Post
Mailfence requires an e-mail address for registration. This is flawed for several reasons.

* Creates chicken-egg problem. It's wrong to presume the user has e-mail service already. If the user does not already have an e-mail account, Mailfence blocks them from creating one. If they had one already, they might not need a Maifence account in the first place.

* If the user already has an e-mail account, then linking the two accounts defeats the purpose of having two accounts. It's bad identity management. Either way it's broken.

* I'll be the judge of whether I need a password recovery mechanism. It's less secure to supply an e-mail address for password recovery because if the other e-mail account is compromised, the adversary can attack the mailfence account by simply requesting a password reset.

* Even if an adversary has not compromised the password recovery account, sending tokens in the clear via e-mail is also prone to attack.

It's essential that disclosing a password recovery e-mail address be optional (or non-existent). Since this is a mandate, I'm out. I will not be registering on mailfence or advocating it to others until this is fixed.
Dude, just use a throw-away (anonymous) email account like 'yopmail', or an intermediary forwarding account like 'e4ward', or whatever. If you are that picky, maybe you should stick to using TAILS to get a super secret (agent) email provider on the Darknet.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2018, 11:02 PM   #118
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Common threats to online privacy and digital security

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:38 AM   #119
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence at CPDP2018: A brief rundown!

Regards,
Mailfence Team
Old 28 Feb 2018, 11:24 PM   #120
Mailfence

Representative of:
Mailfence.com
Mailfence Contacts: a secure contact management software!

Regards,
Mailfence Team