EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 8 Dec 2008, 03:28 PM   #61
Kooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
It is totally down for me.
Has been down since 28 Nov 2008
It's been down for me for the past few days too. I can't even logged in from the web as it times out.
Kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2008, 05:04 PM   #62
brumman

Has anyone any news on MRB? It has been down since at least Dec 4 - and maybe longer since my ISP had been down for a day or two as well!
I've used Myrealbox for years as an account to use for subscribing to unimportant websites - set it up when Dejanews closed down. I found it much faster to access than other webmail services - just great for a dial-up account. Sometimes messages seem slow to be received but generally it has been very reliable and it's spam filter excellent. However I'll take CyberSmurf's previous advice about setting up forwarding - maybe to one of my web accounts which also handles spam effectively. What is a good free alternative?
I already have email accounts through my ISP but these I keep very closely guarded and do not feel like paying for more. Perhaps all should offer free service but institute an extremely small fee for messages and I reckon that would eliminate spam.

Well I tried to register here with EmailDiscussions but after an hour the confirmation (to yahoo) has not arrived - assuming it was sent MRB, when up, would display it instantly - so much for trying to post tonight! At last - finally arrived, but Yahoo filtered it as spam.
brumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Dec 2008, 10:32 PM   #63
slate

folks, it is up! *yay!*
oh man....it's about time! *wipes brow*
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2008, 12:02 PM   #64
brumman

Smile MRB back but for how long?

yes - it's back up - great!
They are blaming spam attacks again I think, and don't discount further down time while they search for a fix!
Old 9 Dec 2008, 09:40 PM   #65
slate

Yup.
Usually, when MRB is down, the first thing I check is their Service Status wall post.
It was stagnant for the longest time with their last post.
They should, at the very least, keep it updated regularly.
Service would still be down but at least it is comforting to know that MRB is aware and is looking into it.
Old 26 Dec 2008, 10:31 PM   #66
Charlieoldtimer

Exclamation Christmas outage at myrealbox?

I did get a message through myrealbox at 5 a.m. (EST) on December 23, but absolutely zero since then. I've sent (automatically) dozens of test messages to my address there since that time, and not one has come through.

I can access the webmail interface, but there's nothing there, and there's nothing at the M+ Quarantine.

Anyone else having troubles? The advisory at myrealbox.com still refers to the "regular system crashes" around December 8.

Charlie
Charlieoldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2009, 11:35 PM   #67
slate

It is down for me.
Been down for almost a week.
As usual, their status box update info ... is stagnant *sigh*

Last edited by slate : 23 Jan 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 23 Jan 2009, 11:58 PM   #68
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Reading all these posts I can only ask: why are you , for heavens sake, staying with this service?
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 05:14 PM   #69
slate

My family has email accounts with them and I am *trying* to get them to move to Gmail.
( I can't think of - >off hand -: a better free service that also allows POP service )

MRB was quite good at the beginning but now...*heavy sigh*

We have to stop being so loyal to MRB
Old 25 Jan 2009, 07:57 AM   #70
jdtaylor
Master of the @

There is of course Eumx and one or two others which are reliable but I can't thunk of names at the moment.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Oct 2009, 01:29 PM   #71
brumman

is Myrealbox down again?

I have not received any mail at MRB for over a month and there should have been some. Their service status wall post has a message dated today about disruptions caused by use of M+Guardian Beta code.
And before you ask I've explained before why I like to use it, but not least is because I have a dial-up connection and it is very fast to load since there is none of the graphics crap on the pages.
Does anyone have any news at all or any idea of how one might elicit a reply out of MRB admin?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 01:38 AM   #72
kinetic
Essential Contributor

I finally deleted my MRB account. Now I wont waste my time looking this service up for improvements, which has not happened for several years now. And now its no longer with Novell, it has lost its attraction too.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2009, 07:55 PM   #73
mattgow

Yup it's down

My Real Box is definitely down for me. No mail for quite a long time and it's killing me. I have a couple of important things still subscribed via it and I'm suffering badly (ever tried resetting a password when you can't access the email account you used for it?... some sites don't have a work-around for that).

I know they are free and I know it's completely "use at your own risk"... but does anyone know any way at all to get some info (even a tiny little bit) out of them about possibly delivering a bit of mail. If I could get access for one day I could move most of the important stuff off it and delete the account.

I already forward everything to GMail from MRB.... but that doesn't help at all when they are completely bouncing inbound messages.
mattgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2009, 02:38 PM   #74
brumman

info for myrealbox?

I can still access all my stored mail so not sure what your problem is Mattgow. You just cannot receive or send new messages. I tried emailing MRB support from my yahoo account but the message was undeliverable to the contact address they gave. Does anyone know of a phone number for this useless company - compared to this Novell were stars.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 02:16 AM   #75
jdtaylor
Master of the @

I agree, Myrealbox does seem to have gone downhill since I think they sold their email service platform but at least there is a much better client style webmail system now it's just a case they need to resolve relaibility problems, possibly not helped by the large amount of spam recieved to users accounts, and this does put pressure on the Quantine service and this could be part if the problem with all emails being filtered it could be it's just overpowering the server especially with the amount of spam through that service is just plain silly sometimes.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote