EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 Oct 2009, 07:17 AM   #1
Gabethewiking

FastCheck 2.3.4.5

I just finished my update of FastCheck (and I hope Eric permits).

I cleaned up the code and fixed some small issues but the main thing was to correct the horrible 256 color animated icons. I have no idea what kind of [Mod: Derogatory remark removed] making such a great program and throw in such a bunch of ugly crappy icons.

I got tired at the end, probably as he was with his programming, so it did not become as good as I hoped. I changed the main icons to 32bit Icons, they are much prettier then actually seen as Windows is limited to their Tray Icon size, but if you would sneak a peak at them in private you would notice the detail. I completely removed the number system and you will simple have a animatd little letter blinking if you got mail, sorry, the numbering system just looks bad however I did it. I also changed the 8bit icons and just switched to simple 32bit icons equal to the standard but just blinking, I assume you will actually like the main ones I did, I hope so.

Other then that nothing really, I was on my way changing the About box but with respect to Eric I did not, just edited the picture a bit sneaky and added my contribution, I truly apologize for that, I already compiled everything and just left it. Its more stable and a bit more 20th Century now compared to before, other then that its the same old.

Can be downloaded From:
URL Removed

Ga briel

Last edited by Sherry : 1 Nov 2009 at 06:16 AM.
Gabethewiking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Nov 2009, 06:00 AM   #2
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabethewiking View Post
I just finished my update of FastCheck (and I hope Eric permits).
Moderator:

I do not believe it is appropriate (or maybe not even legal?) to modify Eric's program to use with FM without getting his permission first. If Eric doesn't mind and approves of your changes for FM use you could then put your link back.

Welcome to the EMD Forums
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Shelded

That's a pretty overwhelming contribution there. There's a more appropriate forum to confess what you have done to Eric's program, try going to http://fastcheck.org/

As to opinions of the images, I think those were done by another volunteer. Certainly my recollection could err but they're better than what we had before and I see little wrong with them, especially having the numbers in them. Call me easy to please, it would be a first time.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2009, 08:20 AM   #4
spiderman
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastcheck.org
Hi,

I am the author of FastCheck and in no way have I shared the source of the program with anyone, so I wonder what kind of cleaning up this poster is referring to (most likely just resource editing and addition of malicious code).
With regards to icons, some were indeed provided by some contributors, and I invite any other graphics designer/artists to provide creative remarks and alternate icon sets / bitmaps.

The only official version of FastCheck is the one you can download from http://www.fastcheck.org/download/index.htm . Alternatively, at times, I provide beta versions from the FastCheck forum.

Please do not download versions of FastCheck from unreliable sources.

Eric
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2009, 09:05 AM   #5
qwertz123456
Essential Contributor

I wounder when somebody is going to come forth with an improved WindowsXP, with refreshed icons ;-)
qwertz123456 is offline   Reply With Quote