EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Mar 2017, 06:16 AM   #1
Ringo

Need Advice on a Secure but Manageable Multi Inbox Strategy

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to pair down the 10 or free email accounts two a couple of premium ones.

Aside from online shopping/banking, forums etc, I use email for my business (blog) and sign up to a lot of email marketing campaigns for my own research.

My goal is to keep clear separation of my personal/business stuff from the email marketing whilst at the same time not having to managed multiple accounts.

I have decided to go with Posteo and a 2nd premium service who aren't financed by advertising as a back up.

Posteo do offer for multiple aliases and I've heard of services such as Blur and 33mail etc, as a premium email newbie I not sure what my best strategy should be

I would be very grateful for your advice.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Mar 2017, 07:08 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Lots of possible ways to go. For myself, I have various Outlook and Gmail addresses, as well as several different domain emails, all forward to a single Gmail inbox. I have Gmail label the various emails so I know where they came from. I can send from that single Gmail address using I think up to 5 different aliases, though I only use a couple of them regularly. This way I take advantage of Gmail's superior junk and spam filtering capabilities, can tell at a glance which address the mail was sent to, and can set the account to respond using the same address it was sent to or a default address. Gmail's superior search functionality means I don't have to file anything--search is faster and easier.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2017, 07:47 AM   #3
Ringo

Thanks for the input TenFour, that sounds like a very efficient workflow. I expect the spam and search capabilities won't be as powerful at posteo et al but non-ad supported email is a priority for me.

I think I'll just dive in and give them a try.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 08:13 AM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

I understand your concerns about Gmail, but I personally feel my privacy is better protected by being an obscure needle in a giant haystack. There is no way of knowing, other than via their reassurances, that any email provider, big or small, is protecting your privacy. How do you know, for example, who might have the capabilities of reading your personal email? If something like that were going on at Gmail the chances are it wouldn't be my email they are reading, and furthermore there would be all sorts of protocols and security checks in place to prevent that. At a smaller provider the same technical person who is in charge of security might also have access to anyone's account. Besides, despite all the money they throw at it, I almost never see these fabled "targeted ads" they speak of, and I block ads routinely when possible.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Mar 2017, 06:17 AM   #5
digp
Master of the @

Posteo looks interesting, this is new to me though:

https://posteo.de/en/blog/posteo-bec...ding-of-emails

Last edited by digp : 6 Mar 2017 at 06:25 AM.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:49 AM   #6
Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
Posteo looks interesting, this is new to me though:

https://posteo.de/en/blog/posteo-bec...ding-of-emails
Nice find, this does look very promising.