EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 30 Mar 2019, 11:56 AM   #1
RFK
Essential Contributor

Excite closed free email accounts

My three email accounts from Excite stopped working: can not login.

I suspect they stopped providing email service.
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Mar 2019, 12:42 PM   #2
rmannam

I am able to login to my FREE Excite email account.
Use complete email address.

Try this link https://login.excite.com/
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:48 PM   #3
just1acc
Essential Contributor

I can't find changing password option. login can be done.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:45 AM   #4
marty1968

Excite.com hobbled as is the email but possible workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
My three email accounts from Excite stopped working: can not login.

I suspect they stopped providing email service.
Just joined this site to let you know that you may still be able to get to your excite emails if you go through webmail portal == webmail.excite.com/ == look through your browser's history [there may be more info past webmail.excite.com/ ] click it and it should automatically bring you to the last account you were logged onto last... Be careful not to logout on the top right corner [not sure if you could get back in -if you try it let us know if you can login thru wemail.excite.com only-] I tried to copy/paste onto a different browser and it takes me to login.excite.com, not good

As far as your other two email accounts, not sure how you can get to those since the excite portal is now severely hobbled due to the new 'experience': Theres no login on the home page like there used to be and login.excite.com doesn't work to get through to the email either with your email address or username which I have had for almost two decades & password retrieval is useless and 'forgot password' is useless.

I hope you aren't right and this is some lame attempt to get rid of the email service, at least Lycos gave us a few months before they evaporated -- and the old Excite email portal was just fine, why did they screw with it??

PS this is the only support message from excite:
https://support.excite.com/hc/en-us/...sues-3-28-2019

PPS... Close the browser tab/window immediately when you are done, I forgot to and forgot that the session times out and logs you out and basically screwed myself since it leads me to the login.excite.com page again ... at least I made notes as to which accounts I have to switch out of excite mail

Last edited by marty1968 : 3 Apr 2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: PPS / Addendum
marty1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:49 AM   #5
marty1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1acc View Post
I can't find changing password option. login can be done.
Did you use login.excite.com ?? Were you able to get in with your username or email??
I tried both and it doesn't accept either ... i did find a workaround to get into the email tho
Old 5 Apr 2019, 03:17 AM   #6
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Some update. Now can see password change option.

For you: use "username.excite" and password.

Edit:

PLEASE NOTE: At 6 PM EST on April 4th, 2019, the "Forgot Password" process was updated. If you have been unable to log into your Excite Email, please try the "Forgot Password" process again and use your full Excite email address. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact Customer Support.

Last edited by just1acc : 5 Apr 2019 at 11:30 AM.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:42 PM   #7
RFK
Essential Contributor

Password change option does not work. I am absolutely sure that I provided correct recovery info, but it is rejected. Even more, I am not sure that when I opened my account this information was requested.

P.S. I was able to register new account but can not access old accounts. The probable reason: the password was weak (does not satisfy new password requirements of Excite) and new system somehow altered or removed it without notifying .

Last edited by RFK : 6 Apr 2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:33 AM   #8
marty1968

Angry Not excite'd

Quote:
Password change option does not work. I am absolutely sure that I provided correct recovery info, but it is rejected. Even more, I am not sure that when I opened my account this information was requested.

P.S. I was able to register new account but can not access old accounts. The probable reason: the password was weak (does not satisfy new password requirements of Excite) and new system somehow altered or removed it without notifying .
Yeah Excite has completely cakked this new 'experience' just to remove some old widgets they didn't want to deal with on their old my.excite.com start page, if they had left webmail.excite.com alone this wouldn't have been an issue... The forgot password is useless so I broke down and sent a service request with as much of this as I could remember since I opened it my account originally in 2000 or 2001 [or maybe even before that]

Your full name
Excite member name
Date of birth
Alternate email address (what you used when you first registered with Excite, or what you subsequently changed it to in your Excite Profile)
Zip Code (as originally provided when you registered or subsequently changed it to in your Excite Profile).

Had I known their website would have been so bullocked I would have written down the original info that was in there since I couldn't remember it all 100%...
I'm just going to start switching out excite emails with a more reliable gmail account on anything that requires it ...
It's a shame Excite used to be so reliable and stable outside of the odd downtime
Old 7 Apr 2019, 05:40 AM   #9
marty1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1acc View Post
Some update. Now can see password change option.

For you: use "username.excite" and password.

Edit:

PLEASE NOTE: At 6 PM EST on April 4th, 2019, the "Forgot Password" process was updated. If you have been unable to log into your Excite Email, please try the "Forgot Password" process again and use your full Excite email address. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact Customer Support.
I'm guessing you have to be able to log on to login.excite.com to be able to see that? Their main page excite.com isn't even https secure... sad
Old 10 Apr 2019, 03:41 AM   #10
RFK
Essential Contributor

Their CS does not even reply to emails
Old 16 Apr 2019, 12:20 AM   #11
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Also excite uk mail disappeared some time back although it did have a very old account still active on it at the time
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2019, 07:33 AM   #12
marty1968

Thumbs up

Quote:
Their CS does not even reply to emails

They did eventually answer mine but a week after they fixed whatever BS was wrong with it, I'm now able to log into the mail part of excite again ...