EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 15 Nov 2005, 07:53 AM   #61
Dan23

Quote:
Originally posted by kupe
Has anyone tried Mail-block.com?
http://mail-block.com

2 days until Mailblocks is shut down.

Kupe
Interesting, but they don't provide a free demo or visual preview. I'm not gonna give them my credit card info and pay a $6 setup fee for a 15-day demo. I've never heard of that before.
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2005, 03:24 AM   #62
JeffK

FWIW here is a response I got from Mailblocks Support. I'll post when I get my refund.

Jeff

Hello there,

Thank you for your questions regarding Re: SR-Refund for incomplete Mailblocks subscription...

We were able to confirm ownership of your account and will process your refund. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for check processing.

Thank you for using Mailblocks. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

PS: If you reply to us, please make sure to keep both the Subject line and all of the body text intact (include your and our previous text).

Regards,

Mailblocks Technical Support Team
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2005, 04:30 AM   #63
kzemach

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffK
Thank you for using Mailblocks. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Yeah, they could be of further assistance. Don't freakin' shut down!
kzemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2005, 11:41 AM   #64
benjaminc

I used Mailblocks a while ago and then jumped ship to Yahoo when I heard they were joining up with AOL. I was afraid something like what's been mentioned above would happen.
benjaminc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2005, 11:53 AM   #65
nevada 777

Yes I'm a Mail-Block user

Everyone seems to be up in a tizzy about Mailblocks selling out to AOL and discontinuing the service. I believe if you do a little of research you will find that Mail-Block was doing business before Mailblocks came on the scene.

I have used their service for the past 3 years and in my opinion the verification process for people sending to my account for the first time is much easier then what Mailblocks used. For anyone that is wanting to check this service, there is a site where they allow a free 30 day look (without having to submit payment info). This appears to be an arrangement with Bright House Networks for their customers. The only difference that I can see is that there is a subdirectory added to the regular service cfl.mail-block.com
nevada 777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2006, 06:07 AM   #66
itinko

I use aliencamel.com for backup email account and bluebottle.com for challenge/response but they don't support forwarding for the moment.

I signed up for a trial spamarrest account. I can't for the life of me figure out mail-block's offering. Is it an inbox? Will it receive my email and forward it to my mail service (like GMail?). Or is it a plugin for a mail client?

Last edited by itinko : 8 Jan 2006 at 06:46 AM.
itinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2006, 04:31 AM   #67
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

Did everyone / anyone get their refunds?
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2006, 05:24 AM   #68
JeffK

No, not yet.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 05:34 AM   #69
kzemach

Not me either. Don't care about the money, but do want them to pay up. Runbox is working out OK for me, but I still preferred Mailblocks.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 07:35 AM   #70
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

Let's not hold out collective breath.
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2006, 04:51 PM   #71
JeffK

I today 31 Jan 06, received a cheque (check) from AOL for $US9.95. I'll see how much it costs me to bank it.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:49 AM   #72
aleinss

Got my refund check today...$24.95...requested it 6 months ago. Better late than never I guess.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2006, 02:40 PM   #73
kzemach

I haven't gotten mine yet!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 08:17 PM   #74
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Might be worthwhile speaking with your credit card provider if you paid by that and ask them to do a charge back or ask them to refund the money, as they should be able to do something for you directly.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote