EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 19 Aug 2013, 02:35 AM   #31
David
Ultimate Contributor

When logging in to my Runbox account today it struck me that I have now been a customer for almost a year. As a long time (previous) Fastmailer (for over ten years) I have no regrets of joining Runbox.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2013, 09:55 AM   #32
RunboxCustomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
When logging in to my Runbox account today it struck me that I have now been a customer for almost a year. As a long time (previous) Fastmailer (for over ten years) I have no regrets of joining Runbox.
It doesn't have ActiveSync nor does it sync calendar or contacts, but what it does have is an owner that respects my privacy and that was enough to sell me on it.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2013, 07:59 AM   #33
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I just opened a RunBox account. I had a few technical setup questions for my domain, which were answered online via chat. So far this has been an excellent experience. Two years for the price of one.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2013, 03:58 AM   #34
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I'm very impressed with Runbox's high level of customer service. More than I expected!
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2013, 04:22 AM   #35
RunboxCustomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
I'm very impressed with Runbox's high level of customer service. More than I expected!

I agree. Excellent customer service, even on weekends.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2013, 02:13 AM   #36
EddieG

Just a Tip of the Hat

Howdy!
I've been searching for a decent email provider for a while now. Runbox made a good impression on me so I signed on. There are three reasons I went with Runbox.

1.) Their website copy is written by human beings, not marketing zombies. This makes them seem more trustworthy.
2.) Their privacy policy is stronger than what I have been used to. Lookin' good!
3.) I did not find them listed on any spam blacklists.

As our world fills up with snoops and spam, these three qualities become more important to me every day. I'm going to test them for a few months and see how it goes. I am encouraged by what I read here.
EddieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2013, 05:42 PM   #37
jl66
Essential Contributor

Satisfied

I am new in runbox but I am very happy.
What I like more in runbox is: the possibility to write emails with aliases as senders from my email client, the price is not high, the security in Norway´s laws and Forward Secrecy .
Good work!
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2014, 09:37 PM   #38
caulfield87

Best service, hands down

Hey there.

So, i registered and paid a mini account on Runbox not long ago, and here are my initial thoughts:

- Support is second to none, when i opened a ticket, it was answered in no time. The whole support ticket system works great (i didn't realize there was a bugzilla-like site for it until my third ticket). Kind and human.
- As said, the bugzilla like ticket system is great.
- Webmail: This was the point which made me most uncertain in the beginning. It looks, well, 'spartan', to put it. But after a couple of days of use, i must say i'm loving it! It's very feature-rich, intuitive, and works very fast for me (though i'm located in europe, so i guess experience might vary depending on your location). It actually feels very professional, and if it keeps up working like this i sure hope they don't change it ever, only add maybe more features.
- Domain hosting: once i set dns records at my registrar, and runbox recognized and validated my domain (this was the most transparent, easy and painless import of my domain than at any other provider i had before), my mail started working instantly.
- The control panel is great.
- Actually to sum it up, the whole interface is very feature rich but also fast, transparent and intuitive.

Now, what also helps is also the whole selling point: Norway and what having a provider there brings to the table, competitive price and the fact the company has been around for a while now, which at least seems to imply stability.

Anyway, if you guys keep it up this way, i'll be a real fan and your customer for decades to come, hopefully I actually rank and value email as the single most important form of communication, and the most preferred one, that's why i always look for possibilities to make it better for me and choose the right operator.

Keep up the good work, and i will report in a couple of months, comparing my initial thoughts with some mileage along the road.

Regards,

edit:

Here's me, on a >100 kbps connection. Runbox pretty much the only thing running smooth.
I also forgot to add, once you guys install/add a calendar to RMM6, your service deserves 11 out of 10.

Regards,

Last edited by caulfield87 : 22 Sep 2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Adding on!
caulfield87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2014, 01:33 AM   #39
caulfield87

It doesn't look good, it looks great!

edit: this was supposed to go into the webmail thread.

Last edited by caulfield87 : 2 Nov 2014 at 06:00 PM.
caulfield87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2015, 01:17 PM   #40
DigitalOrchard

Looking for a replacement for Google Apps, I tried a few services and then finally found Runbox. Tried it out, found the pricing very good, but more importantly — the customer service is fantastic. Performance and focus on privacy are two factors that were important to me.

So far, Runbox is an excellent email provider that I will be recommending to everyone.
DigitalOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2015, 12:43 AM   #41
alvinh

Smile

Just become paid member this day, after trying for 2 hour, why?

because their support, i open ticket and they answer so fast with problem solving answers.

at that time i tried other provider, face some problems, open ticket but took long time to answer and the answer is bit confusing to me.

thank you runbox
alvinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2017, 10:13 AM   #42
DigitalOrchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Yup!

I could not agree more! I sought out an email provider not on US soil, and Runbox was on the radar. After giving a couple of them an honest trial, I settled on Runbox. I found the customer support tremendously personable and accommodating to my needs, which are many! Interactions with support staff (mainly with Dave) are extremely friendly and I feel like I'm recognized and welcomed to be part of the Runbox family each and every time.

So, while I continue to hold them to a high standard, I'm happy to remain flexible on several items simply because customer service and reliability are what matter most to me.

Count me as a happy customer!

~Ted,
Canada
DigitalOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2018, 04:25 PM   #43
Valdo

The best email

After almost two years I can say the Runbox offers excelent services and the support from Liz and Dave is impecable. Thank you both!
Valdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2022, 12:54 AM   #44
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by vionsur View Post
I can check my account anywhere in the world!
And you can return and add spam links to your post!

Reported to mods.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2022, 02:54 AM   #45
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
And you can return and add spam links to your post!

Reported to mods.
He and his post are now in the spam graveyard.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote