EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 Feb 2016, 04:46 AM   #1
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

SecureMyEmail™ from WiTopia

Yet another allegedly super-secure, Switzerland-based email service will be offered by WiTopia, a VPN provider.

Details

Full disclosure: I'm a satisfied user of WiTopia's VPN service. I have no other interests in WiTopia.
janusz is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Feb 2016, 01:15 AM   #2
libCognition

I wouldn't go near anything offered by witopia with a barge pole.

They nanny their VPN users. They block client-initiated traffic. When I called to complain, requesting that they not block my traffic, they looked down their noses and said "sir, we are a security company". Security for *who*? I'm the customer, and they were doing a denial of service attack on *me*. IOW, Witopia is a security /problem/, not a solution, from the standpoint of those hiring them.

VPNs are usually hired by individuals to escape their nanny ISPs. If I wanted a nanny, I would have simply not used a VPN. I don't care what their e-mail offering is -- it's not a company to trust, and it's not a company to support.

<monte python mode>
Run away! Run away!
</monte python mode>
libCognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2017, 07:57 PM   #3

I’ve used this vpn for about a year and totally satisfied with it. When I’ve been looking for a decent vpn service, I visited many websites and read hundreds of reviews. From this website https://www.bestvpnrating.com/service/witopia I got info about witopia and decided to give it a try. Honestly, there is nothing to complain about. Witopia is a good vpn for such price.
1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2017, 08:33 PM   #4
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by libCognition View Post
They block client-initiated traffic.
I know it's a year ago, but does anyone know what that's referring to?
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote