EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 20 Aug 2005, 01:36 PM   #196
DianeB
Cornerstone of the Community

At the risk of sounding like a dunce, what is OHB?

I almost didn't ask, but I was rather intrigued by your post & wanted to check it out.

TIA.

~Diane
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2005, 04:18 PM   #197
Daniel S

OnlineHomeBase
Old 21 Aug 2005, 12:19 AM   #198
DianeB

Thanks Daniel!
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2005, 09:53 AM   #199
dantheman

www.browster.com has been a pleasant discovery.

It's a piece of software that adds a quick preview to your searches. It is still in its' beginnings and doesn't work with all browsers.
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2005, 04:07 AM   #200
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

LAME — great MP3 encoder/decoder, although unfortunately it takes aaaages on my 1995-edition P75 (I really must get me a PIII/500 or better — but I'll need to save up about £200); another problem is that it's a command-line prog (but knows about long filenames), so to make it easier to use I'm writing a front-end (called FLAME — what else?) for it...

For editing ID3 tags (which allow MP3 players to tell the details of the track), of the three editors I've tried so far the only one worth using is the one built into Winamp.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2005, 02:44 AM   #201
ktoto

I just downloaded XoftSPy 4.15, an anti spyware freeware, does anyone know if it's any good?
ktoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2005, 05:01 AM   #202
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by robert@fm
(I really must get me a PIII/500 or better — but I'll need to save up about £200)
I actually got one in the trunk of my car right now, but getting it to London would cost more than £200...
(and I saw an abandoned monitor in a parking lot in downtown Tel-Aviv today and forgot to pick it up on the way back...)

Quote:
Originally posted by robert@fm
For editing ID3 tags
I think CDEX allows editting id3 tags. And I had no problem running it (an old version) on my old laptop (was Pentium 133MHz. Now its Pentium 0MHz). Many older versions are still available for download at sourforge in case the new versions are "too heavy".
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2005, 05:07 AM   #203
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
I am still in search of an HTML notepad type of thing that's free. ... There's nothing out there that keeps notes in html format.
So is time to nag FastMail again about integrating the HTML composer in the notepad? (And also allowing online text and HTML editting of files in the filespace?)
Old 29 Aug 2005, 05:38 AM   #204
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Game Maker is a great free program for making games (of course). It was created by Prof Dr Mark H. Overmars of Utrecht University and is used in his course on game design. It really is a programming environment designed to allow rapid development of two dimensional games, and it looks like a way to lure students into a course teaching event driven programming in a fun way.

Anyway, my 11 years old Daniel enjoys making games with it, and 5 years old Jonatan designed some that his older brother helped make functional.

Of course the software's site links to lots of free games created with this software, and the Prof.'s homepage links to some other free software by him (some suitable for much younger kids).
Old 29 Aug 2005, 08:06 PM   #205
silasm0

html

Quote:
Originally posted by hadaso
So is time to nag FastMail again about integrating the HTML composer in the notepad? (And also allowing online text and HTML editting of files in the filespace?)
Try that Essential PIM thing that I just posted. It's in this thread.
silasm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:03 PM   #206
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by hadaso
We can dream... ;-)

I'm thinking of maybe using Peanut Butter Wiki (PBWIKI) ... it's not the same - the links are all spelled out rather than clickable words, but it might be ok for me for now.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:04 PM   #207
Gankaku

Re: html

Quote:
Originally posted by silasm0
Try that Essential PIM thing that I just posted. It's in this thread.
I want a web-based thing. I guess that's not really system freeware.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:21 PM   #208
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
... I am still in search of an HTML notepad type of thing that's free. ...
My next mini-project, once I've got PumaPost launched, is to write a SquirrelMail plugin that will support notes in HTML format: both general notes and notes linked to individual email messages.

No firm time scale yet, but I'd hope to get the initial version out before the end of this year.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2005, 04:53 AM   #209
silasm0

freeware

Quote:
Originally posted by redmyrlin
My next mini-project, once I've got PumaPost launched, is to write a SquirrelMail plugin that will support notes in HTML format: both general notes and notes linked to individual email messages.

No firm time scale yet, but I'd hope to get the initial version out before the end of this year.
***You can go to : www.solentech.tk. They have some HTML stuff. I'm using Easy HTML version 1.0***
silasm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2005, 05:02 AM   #210
JeffK

For those of you interested in computer generated pretty pictures, this is a ver good program...

http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/index.html

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote