EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Mar 2010, 11:56 PM   #1
ribrob

Arrow Multiple copies of same email in Draft folder in OSX Apple Mail

Hi there,

I'm having an on-going problem with multiple copies of the same email appearing in my draft folder. The longer i take to write the email, generally the more copies there are. Each copy is a slightly newer version of the same email i'm writing.

Once the email is actually sent, those multiple drafts remain there, which can get very confusing after a while as to whether the message got sent or not.

Even more strangely, this doesn't happen all the time, but often nonetheless.

Anyone else having this problem, or know what might be causing it / how to fix?

Rob.
ribrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Mar 2010, 02:00 AM   #2
physci

This is not a fastmail specific issue. Mail.app in the the current OS X does a poor job at getting rid of draft emails, and its auto-save function leaves ghosts messages in its cache, which is what you're noticing. It does not hurt your emails/folders/count structure in any way, but you're right in that it does get to be annoying.

Here's a suggestion to fix this by hawkwings:
"To remove the ghosts all you have to do is highlight the Drafts folder in Mail’s list of mailboxes on the left, and then select the Rebuild option from the Mailbox menu."
http://www.hawkwings.net/wp-content/...lemrebuild.jpg

However, you will need to this every time you want to get rid of these ghosts.
physci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 02:31 AM   #3
ribrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by physci View Post
This is not a fastmail specific issue. Mail.app in the the current OS X does a poor job at getting rid of draft emails, and its auto-save function leaves ghosts messages in its cache, which is what you're noticing. It does not hurt your emails/folders/count structure in any way, but you're right in that it does get to be annoying.

Here's a suggestion to fix this by hawkwings:
"To remove the ghosts all you have to do is highlight the Drafts folder in Mail’s list of mailboxes on the left, and then select the Rebuild option from the Mailbox menu."
http://www.hawkwings.net/wp-content/...lemrebuild.jpg

However, you will need to this every time you want to get rid of these ghosts.
Useful tip, i'll give that a go next time and see if that resolves it...

Cheers.

r.
ribrob is offline   Reply With Quote