EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Aug 2011, 06:43 AM   #16
SethM

Representative of:
Rollernet.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
My thoughts exactly.
I went ahead and set "smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = no" explicitly for all AUTH services.
SethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2015, 12:45 PM   #17
emebrs
Essential Contributor

For a novice who is willing to learn, is it theoretically possible to use their online documentation to figure out every step of setting up mail hosting, without needing to ask them for help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
It's clearly that Roller Network is made to address the needs of technically savvy customers and therefore less suitable for novice. Although there is an extensive (context based) help.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2015, 01:15 PM   #18
SethM

Representative of:
Rollernet.us
We do assume the user has some familiarity with email and the docs are primarily focused on the control center specifics.

You can read them without an account: https://acc.rollernet.us/help/
Old 21 Mar 2016, 12:39 PM   #19
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
@SethM do you provide a trial account for about a week? i just want to make sure if the connection speed (webmail, imap etc) is not slow to me. I have subscribed to pobox/runbox. both them work well, but slow to my location. thanks.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:17 PM   #20
scott2020

I have been using Roller for several years now, and they have been rock solid. I use them to forward email to my main account, have some hosted mail boxes, and for outbound email. Email gets delivered and the services are fast. Roundcube is fast on their system. Spam filtering is sub-par though. I have been using a 3rd party spam filter ahead of Roller. I highly recommend.
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2016, 03:10 AM   #21
SethM

Representative of:
Rollernet.us
Our system unfortunately doesn't understand the concept of trial accounts, but if you want to contact us at sales@rollernet.us we can probably find some way to do that.

We are physically located in Reno, Nevada USA. I don't know where the pobox/runbox servers are physically located for comparison, but a simple traceroute to webmail.pobox.com from our network shows they're about 90ms latency away from us, so assuming your connections are coming from the same direction west coast to east coast US we're probably 90ms closer.

On the spam filtering subject we are in the process of adding a new content filter. The IP reputation portion of it was just turned on this morning and an interface in the account control center is in progress. A content filtering stage will follow due to that being more involved than IP checking. Right now it's default-on for everyone although we can turn it off for an account or domain by contacting support.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 10:35 PM   #22
scott2020

The IP Reputation filter has made a major improvement in the spam catch rate already!
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote