EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 16 Jun 2004, 03:55 PM   #1
lbautista

Should you blame me?.. for being so stupid?

As i've said on other thread... i've signed up with runbox only a month ago for a three year! 100MB mailbox!... and WHOA!.. THIS MORNING.. THE WHOLE WORLD IS GETTING A FREE 100MB from yahoo....

I do feel like being cheated by this... and feel like being duped.. or stupid.. on why did i signed up and pay for a three year!.. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys... learned your lessons now.. and be wise next time!...
lbautista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:43 PM   #2
ReuvenNY

Don't feel bad - first you can have a Yahoo account as well... But from Runbox you will get a great service you can never expect from Yahoo. There are many other important features from Runbox you will never get from Yahoo. I am sure others will mention them.
Remember, the storage size of your email service is only one factor, and perhaps not even the most important one.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 12:12 AM   #3
abhi

Re: Should you blame me?.. for being so stupid?

Quote:
Originally posted by lbautista
I do feel like being cheated by this... and feel like being duped.. or stupid.. on why did i signed up and pay for a three year!.. why!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
So, do you still feel this way? Lets hear something nice on this thread from you for these guys!
abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 12:23 AM   #4
Milan

Yeah right...

Can you even log into your free Yahoo account now?

Didn't think so....
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 02:38 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Re: Should you blame me?.. for being so stupid?

Quote:
Originally posted by lbautista
As i've said on other thread... i've signed up with runbox only a month ago for a three year! 100MB mailbox!... and WHOA!.. THIS MORNING.. THE WHOLE WORLD IS GETTING A FREE 100MB from yahoo....

I do feel like being cheated by this... and feel like being duped.. or stupid.. on why did i signed up and pay for a three year!.. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys... learned your lessons now.. and be wise next time!...
Yahoo announced a while ago it was going to be increasing users to 100MB it just didn't say exactly when. I didn't really expect to see it for another month or so.

The ones who should feel cheated are the ones that bought Yahoo paid accounts to get the extra space. Yes, they're acccounts were increased to the 2Gig but what if you really only need 100MB? Now you could of had it for free and you already paid. How easy is it to get a refund from Yahoo?

Have you tried asking Runbox for a refund? If you just got your account recently I would bet you could get a refund.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 03:07 AM   #6
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

I do not have a Runbox account myself, but know that they seem like a very good and well-run service, for all the things that I have read on the forum, and I am sure that you have a much more reliable service with them than you ever would have from a free yahoo account.

Paid services always give you more and are more repsonsible, you can complain and get results. This forum is here to voice all your questions and to get help whenever you need it also!!Yahoo does not have near the degree of customer help, and certainly it is basically non-existent at the free level....so do not feel too badly!!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2004, 01:56 PM   #7
lbautista

Don't feel bad?.. i've overcome this feeling already... as of last week.. 6 of my friends have signed up with yahoo for the 2 gig a year benefit... I don't know.. win or lose.. runbox is still with me.. i have no choice but to be with my team... because I've signed up a 3 year service...

the 1 gig is a decent breather.. i have no complain..

Cheers!

Louie
lbautista is offline   Reply With Quote