EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Feb 2011, 06:24 PM   #16
yassarali
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfryer View Post
Just to clarify it is impossible to copy and paste multiple addresses from one message to another. For example, let's say someone send me and a load of people an email. Sometime I will copy and paste the whole to line into another email.
This does seem to work just fine. Click on the "To" field and:

1) Shift + Home/End buttons to select all the tokens

or

2) Use "Ctrl+A" to select all the tokens

Once selected, you can use the "Copy"/"Cut"/"Paste"/"Delete" etc. from the browser menu (or keyboard shortcuts for the same, eg: "Ctrl + y", "Ctrl + x" etc.)

Quote:
Now I have to wait for the file to attach before pressing send.
I don't think you have to wait to click on the "Send" button. Just "Attach" a file and click on "Send". The email would be send after the file is uploaded. You may open your "Mailbox" on another tab or window to continue doing your work.

Quote:
Personally I find the search box in the top left to be just in the wrong place. It needs to be central or top right.
Thats just a personal opinion and it would differ from user to user.

You can use the "/" key on your keyboard to immediately access the "Search" box.

-Yassar.
yassarali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2011, 09:20 PM   #17
billfryer

various

Using Ctrl + A does work to highlight the tokens which can then be copied using keyboard shortcuts. However I would prefer to just turn tokenising off and select with a quick click of the mouse - can't you just add that as an option in the setup? The method you propose works, but it is slower and your product is called FASTmail.

Rendering Issue
When you have the mailbox qtys next to Junk and Trash, when you hover over the line it emboldens and adds an extra number (total mailbox size) this extends over the top of the (empty) word/command.

This may be because I am using a 15" screen.
billfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2011, 02:19 PM   #18
gryphon

Links within email

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfryer View Post
email addresses in forwarded emails not hyperlinked
Today someone forwarded me an email - it contained the email address of someone I wanted to write to. With the old interface I could have just clicked on the address and it could have composed an email.

No such luck, with the new interface. I have to highlight the email address, copy, click on compose and paste. Four actions instead of the old one.
I have a similar problem. I regularly get email that starts with a list of topics containing links which jump to details further down the page. In the old interface this works fine. In the new interface, nothing happens when I click those links. I'd really like to see that functionality restored in the new interface.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2011, 05:08 AM   #19
gryphon

Those internal links I mentioned now seem to work. Much better. Thanks to whoever fixed that!
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote