EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 Dec 2017, 02:34 PM   #1
rnkn

Sorting photos

First off, I love FastMail’s file storage system. It’s way better than Dropbox and it’s not even FM’s primary product!

Something I can’t quite figure out... How does one sort photos in a photo album?

I understand that photos are sorted by filename, but then a photo’s *title* appears to override this. So I can number the files as 01..n but then if I want to change the title to “Steve” and another to “Alice” then the ordering will get messed up.

Any ideas?
rnkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Dec 2017, 11:25 PM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Being able to specify a file sort order for images is something I really miss. When FM did away with that option and chose filename and title I was disappointed, but they did seem to keep my old sort order selection until the change, as can be seen here - http://snowpics.somdcomputerguy.com. The 'sort by title' way is fine for my usage of another photo gallery I have here though since a username is used for the title and an alphabetical sort order is fine - http://emdpics.somdcomputerguy.com. FM support told me that being able to specify a file sort order for images would only be available the filename and title way now. So I might change the title for a gallery's photo by prepending the title I actually want with 001-, then 002-, ...

- Bruce

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 9 Dec 2017 at 11:38 PM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote