EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2011, 06:38 PM   #1
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Thumbs up New Webmail Service

Hello

I am Phil the owner of a new free webmail service called (ozymail).com.au, and also new here as I was looking for a forum where I could interact with other users to find out what I can do more to please my users as well as see what's available.

On our webmail interface you can obviously send/receive, but the many other feature available would be just to much to list here, not even sure if I would be allowed to anyway so a short description will have to suffice for now.

Our Webmail interface is more like your POP email interface you use on your PC than an average webmail service. You can even collect all your POP emails within ones account as well as use as many aliases as you wish.

Spam & Virus Filters can be used in more ways than I even care to use for myself all installed on a fully secured server.

We also have an anonymous large file sending feature, Creating Folders which you can have emails received directly into them and if you want you can even have your emails forwarded somewhere else.

Well I think that just about explains 20% of what we have to offer as a free webmail provider.

Of cause spamming is not allowed there.

If you people have any ideas on how we can better serve, change or add any features then please fell free to let us know.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by OzySites : 3 Apr 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Old 3 Apr 2011, 06:58 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

It seems it has never occurred to you to run your first announcement through a spell-checker
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
It seems it has never occurred to you to run your first announcement through a spell-checker
Hi

Quite honestly No it did not. I shall edit it and correct it.

Cheers
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:27 PM   #4
adam15c
Essential Contributor

Tried signing up on my iPad. Can't see the anti spam image to enter anything.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:40 PM   #5
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam15c View Post
Tried signing up on my iPad. Can't see the anti spam image to enter anything.
Our anti spam is setup by each individual user within thier Prefersences Panel as it is very complex and detailed. You can anti-spam each folder with different spamming settings, allowcate different email groups with different anti spam settings.

Rather than have a feature which we setup for all users we have made it poosible for all users to setup their own Anti Spam features and settings the way they want them to work.

As for iPad our script hasn't yet been tested on iPad but I do know it works very well without issues on the smaller versions like MyTab, galaxyTab, and a few other different Tab type Pads.

As for your Anti Spam Image your talking about. Once you have placed yor name and chosen username if all is OK you will be taken to the next screen where you will complete the registration form and there you will find your Anti Spam Image. You are not even remotely approved untill you have gone past this Anti Spam Sign Up Form as the first page is just to give you time to find your preferred email Username which will be your email name as well.

We are also in the process of creating an ecryption tool which will allow you to totally and fully encrypt the contents of your email and even Password protect the whole lot and only the recipient with the password can decrypt the email before reading it. this is also a free feature coming soon.

Thank You

Last edited by OzySites : 3 Apr 2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Adding Content
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:55 PM   #6
krimlin
Essential Contributor

It might be that it's just my incompetence, not being able to find what I'm looking for at the website, but before I sign up anywhere, I'd like to know what I can expect from that service.
So, focussing on your free email service, some basic information like disc space, max. size of attachments, information whether POP3/IMAP/SMTP are available and any kind of further restrictions would be essential.
Some screenshots of your webmail platform would be nice as well.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:19 PM   #7
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
It might be that it's just my incompetence, not being able to find what I'm looking for at the website, but before I sign up anywhere, I'd like to know what I can expect from that service.
So, focussing on your free email service, some basic information like disc space, max. size of attachments, information whether POP3/IMAP/SMTP are available and any kind of further restrictions would be essential.
Some screenshots of your webmail platform would be nice as well.
I cannot give you size, max etc restriction details as this would be going against what we believe in as all our users have no restrictions on eMail Storage, File Storage, Aliases, POP3 Accounts, etc actually the only restriction is unless you have a Marketing Subscription you cannot spam and we have our own filters to spot these out within our Admin panel. Other than that as a personal private user you can do what ever you like as long as they are within the terms & conditions.

What we are not allowing is what we don't like about all the other free email/webmail providers and that is SPAMMING. Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc all allow this quite freely BUT we do not within our Free webmailing Services. Thus why we have a unique spamming and filtering system for each user and are bringing in all kinds of different spamming and encryption tools into action.

See other than offer FREE webmail services we also offer paid subscriptions for marketing purposes and on top of that we also offer a hosted by us (Run Your Own Email Service Provider Service) with your own chosen domain name. We feel that our free email accounts are second to none when it comes to what you get and what you can do within your email interface and that is not including all the other features we are working on adding soon and in the future.

As for screenshots, we haven't done any yet but they are coming soon as we are re-designing our homepage to a much more flasher/fancy design with a screenshot gallery included. Should be around 1 week or so away.

Going back to the Anti Spamming question for a sec! I am quite sure that it states on the home page that you will be taken to the registration process once you have chosen your username. If you want to see how it looks just place any name into the box and click on SignUp and you will see the Rego Process there. Nothing is recorded at this stage until you have clicked on the submit button at the end of the registration process. Please feel free to do so as it will not bother or harm us in any way what so ever.

Cheers

Last edited by OzySites : 3 Apr 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:50 PM   #8
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Hmmm... an "email service" with a "dating portal" ?

I notice the password does NOT allow special characters. Doesn't this limit the security of one's account ?
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:00 PM   #9
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
Hmmm... an "email service" with a "dating portal" ?

I notice the password does NOT allow special characters. Doesn't this limit the security of one's account ?
Unfortunately due to the complexity of this script these cannot be allowed at this stage.

We are constantly working on changing this to allow these characters which involves quite a bit of work at this stage.

As for not being able to use these within a password to be a security issue! There are millions of websites online which don't allow the use of these characters mostly for script coding reasons as they can cause operational script errors and issues.

But unlike most of those we have overcome these with other security measures within our servers with are much more efective than you being allowed to use special characters.

Cheers
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:27 PM   #10
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps everyone would like to know that one of the preferences available is the creating of aliases. (I don't know how many are allowed.) That way those signing up can do so with a username that would only be used for logins, leaving the alias(es) to do the actual email activity.

One point: I tried logging in with Iron browser and with FF. In Iron the interface looked okay, but in FF (3.6.16) the formatting was messed up. I don't know if that's an issue with my browser only or with FF generally.

Also the time format seems to be off. E.g. it's 8:30 as I type this but the ozymail time shows 8:42 ???

And clicking on the various settings in Preferences was actually very slow. Again, perhaps it's only my browser/connection.

Last edited by B4its2L8 : 3 Apr 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:34 PM   #11
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps everyone would like to know that one of the preferences available is the creating of aliases. (I don't know how many are allowed.) That way those signing up can do so with a username that would only be used for logins, leaving the alias(es) to do the actual email activity.

One point: I tried logging in with Iron browser and with FF. In Iron the interface looked okay, but in FF (3.6.16) the formatting was messed up. I don't know if that's an issue with my browser only or with FF generally.
YEP You said it all there yourself as that is exactly what you can do.
Example if I may; lets say your name is "someone" You can register using the username Someone for Log-in purposes and then create as many aliases as you wish and use a different aliases with every email you send all quite easly done within the compose area.

We have a forum support link at the bottom of your account page, there you will find all your answers.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:49 PM   #12
B4its2L8
Master of the @

FWIW, here are two screenshots showing what I meant in the comment I added to my previous post about differences between FF and Iron respectively:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1880/ozymailinff.png

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3...mailiniron.png

Update: I notice that OzyMail is very fast in FF despite the formatting problem with it. But in Iron, while the formatting of the Inbox is fine, navigating is slow.

Incidentally, does this service provide (or will it) https for the entire webmail session ?

Last edited by B4its2L8 : 3 Apr 2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Added Update and HTTPS question
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:58 PM   #13
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
FWIW, here are two screenshots showing what I meant in the comment I added to my previous post about differences between FF and Iron respectively:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1880/ozymailinff.png

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3...mailiniron.png
Hi

Well you learn someting new everyday as I have never heard of those terms before.

Seeing these does make quite a difference and I will get our guys to look into that.

What do you think about what you can do there?
Did you go into the Preferences Panel to see all your setting options?

Reason I am asking as I have never had any public feedback as yet as to the working of it although we have around 1200 users at present, only one has ever asked for or questioned about how to use a feature to date.

Cheers
Old 3 Apr 2011, 10:26 PM   #14
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzySites View Post
What do you think about what you can do there?
Did you go into the Preferences Panel to see all your setting options?
Yes, I went through Preferences. There are many nice features. I hope you are able to add some nice skins in the future (since your site shows "skins" already as an option in the login screen).

Also, two "practical" observations:

1. The login area is at a lower place on the homepage, meaning that, unless users auto-login through some means, they must scroll down to the login area every time they wish to access their mail. It would be nice if there was a login area at the top of the page somewhere.

2. As another example of some wasted 'clicking,' I noticed that moving a folder seems to take a lot of moves:

- select message
-click "actions to perform" (which, btw, should really be at the top of the message list as well as the bottom)
- select "move messages"
- wait for pop-up to load
- click on drop-down menu
- click folder where you want message moved
- click "move"

ISTM there should be a quicker way to accomplish this. Perhaps a drag-and-drop function ? Or maybe it was just waiting for the pop-up to load that made it seem longer than usual.

Also, I sent myself 3 test messages (over 15 minutes ago) none of which has arrived yet. I tried sending to my alias as well as my main account name. Nothing so far.

FWIW, despite the above, this does seem like a service with a lot of potential.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 11:01 PM   #15
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Yes, I went through Preferences. There are many nice features. I hope you are able to add some nice skins in the future (since your site shows "skins" already as an option in the login screen).
Yes we are working on this are we are trying to finish many other tasks first.

Quote:
Also, two "practical" observations:

1. The login area is at a lower place on the homepage, meaning that, unless users auto-login through some means, they must scroll down to the login area every time they wish to access their mail. It would be nice if there was a login area at the top of the page somewhere.
This will be fixed within the new home page as there will be a different link for both log-in and registration.

Quote:
2. As another example of some wasted 'clicking,' I noticed that moving a folder seems to take a lot of moves:

- select message
-click "actions to perform" (which, btw, should really be at the top of the message list as well as the bottom)
- select "move messages"
- wait for pop-up to load
- click on drop-down menu
- click folder where you want message moved
- click "move"

ISTM there should be a quicker way to accomplish this. Perhaps a drag-and-drop function ? Or maybe it was just waiting for the pop-up to load that made it seem longer than usual.
We looked at placing this at both top and bottom but with a much fully pack interface like tis it made things to over crowded. You do however have a few options for moving mail to folders, actually 3 or 4 if I recall as I myself only use 2 of them.
1 - As you mentioned clicking on the dropdown menu at the bottom left. How far down that goes all depends on how many emails you set to be displayed within your preferences.
2- Right Click and choose move to folder.
3 - This is my favourate and preferred method - Go to the preferrences panel and click on Folders Management, there name your folders, select wheather they are to be an inbox or outbox. Then go to the message Rules panel also within your preferrences panel and there you will find Add New Rule, here you have heaps of options (more than you will know what to do with ) you can allocate a specific email address, word within an email address or header or cemail content, then state what you would like to do with that email once it's in the folder, choose to send those in that folder a response. (You can create as many response emails as you wish and allocate a different one to each folder.) Set all the rules you want filtered through that folder. and much more.
4 - Drag and Drop can be done from within the Storage Box.
[/quote]

I will look into your suggestions though. It would be better to place those suggestions in our forum for our developers to see.

Quote:
Also, I sent myself 3 test messages (over 15 minutes ago) none of which has arrived yet. I tried sending to my alias as well as my main account name. Nothing so far.
This is a mystery as i use the system everday 100 times a day and never have issues, Not going to go into detail here as I went into the admin to see your account and there it doesn't show what you are telling me above. I will PM you to give more details.

Quote:
FWIW, despite the above, this does seem like a service with a lot of potential.
I thank You for your imput.

Cheers
Phil
Closed Thread