EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 10 Jun 2004, 05:48 AM   #1
shelmart

folders now being sorted differently

Up until this morning, system folders (Inbox, draft, sent, trash) were at the top of the list of folders, with user-created folders displayed alphabetically below. Now, all folders are sorted alphabetically, which means my inbox is in the middle of my list of folders, drafts close to the top, sent and trash toward the bottom (but not at the very bottom)..

I absolutely completely hate this -- but can't find anything in preferences that lets me change this back to the way it was.

Is this a permanent change?
shelmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Jun 2004, 06:10 AM   #2
oysterquartz
The "e" in e-mail

I too would prefer to see System Folders listed up top. Imagine the horror that Rich must be facing with his hundreds of folders
oysterquartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2004, 07:18 AM   #3
trond
Essential Contributor

Silly mistake by me

Fixed it now.
trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2004, 07:35 AM   #4
shelmart

Quote:
Originally posted by trond
Silly mistake by me

Fixed it now.
Yippee, back to normal. Thanks so much.

I am now a happy camper, and of course (as always!) stupendously impressed at the speed of customer support at runbox.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:16 PM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Re: folders now being sorted differently

Quote:
Originally posted by shelmart
Up until this morning, system folders (Inbox, draft, sent, trash) were at the top of the list of folders, with user-created folders displayed alphabetically below. Now, all folders are sorted alphabetically, which means my inbox is in the middle of my list of folders, drafts close to the top, sent and trash toward the bottom (but not at the very bottom)..

I absolutely completely hate this -- but can't find anything in preferences that lets me change this back to the way it was.

Is this a permanent change?
Actually, only Draft was always up top.

Inbox, Sent and Trash were always sorted with the rest of the folders. You must have had all your folders named with lower case which sorted after uppercase.

Try naming some folders starting with uppercase A or even a space and see how it sorts.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2004, 03:39 AM   #6
shelmart

Re: Re: folders now being sorted differently

Quote:
Originally posted by carverrn
Actually, only Draft was always up top.

Inbox, Sent and Trash were always sorted with the rest of the folders. You must have had all your folders named with lower case which sorted after uppercase.

Try naming some folders starting with uppercase A or even a space and see how it sorts.

Regards,
Rich
Ah - now I remember -- when I first started with runbox, I noticed that folders were sorted alphabetically, starting with A through Z and then running from a to z. In order to get my key folders up at the top of the list where I like them, I capitalized Inbox, Trash, and Sent, and then made sure not to capitalize the names of any new folders I created.

But the other day, whenever it was that I first posted about this, the folder order ignored whether or not the first letter was capitalized -- and my Inbox, Trash and Sent folders were sorted alphabetically with all my other folders.

Very shortly after my note, one of the terrific runbox staff took care of the problem and things are now sorted as they had been all along until that temporary glitch.