EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Sep 2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Lightbulb Runbox 6 testing

Over the past year, we have spent a great deal of time behind the scenes upgrading the Runbox Webmail code. We have also upgraded all the underlying software that powers Runbox, and have started upgrading the hardware it runs on.

In addition, we have created a software building and deployment system that will enable us to develop new code faster and more securely. This system is unique to Runbox and will allow us to introduce new features and enhancements more quickly in the future.

This is the 6th generation of Runbox, and while Runbox 6 is very similar to Runbox 5 at first look it will allow for much more rapid development of future features. And there is a long list of things on our features To Do list!

We have put some new features into Runbox 6 already, some minor ones you will discover as you use it, and a couple of bigger ones worth mentioning here:

New Features in Runbox 6

1. Tags: These let you label messages across folders, and will allow you to organize and find messages more easily.

2. Sub-account management: You will now be able to manage any sub-accounts that you have in a similar way to the main account and also see detailed information about the usage of the account.

3. Color themes: You can now choose between 4 color themes by going to Webmail: Preferences and selecting an option from the "Theme" menu.

Try Runbox 6

You can get an early look at Runbox 6 and help us ready it for prime time by going to the following link:

https://rmm6.runbox.com

Please note that this is a test phase and some functions might not work as expected yet.

If you find a bug (i.e. things that are broken or don't work as expected), please report it in this thread. We can then acknowledge your individual reports and let you know about fixes. Please do not report bugs to Runbox Support if they are specific to RMM6.

All requests for enhancements and future features should be posted in the following thread where a discussion has already started: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=65217

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Sep 2012, 06:10 AM   #2
digp
Master of the @

Autocomplete does not work as intended.

Compose is still a new pop up window.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks for your interest.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your requests in this thread, as mentioned above: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=65217

- Geir
Old 3 Oct 2012, 12:34 AM   #4
hajonez
Cornerstone of the Community

Thumbs up

Hi Geir,

Thanks for letting us know about the beta version of RMM6. It's exciting to see how far the platform has developed since the early days!

I've only briefly used the beta version but it definitely appears to be a little more responsive on my connection. There seems to be less load time moving between screens, opening a compose window etc and this increases the usability.

I haven't had an opportunity to test the new features properly yet but look forward to experimenting with the tagging feature and the other enhancements you have added. I'll let you know if I find anything buggy or difficult to use.

Hope all is well with you and the entire Runbox team.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thank you, Henry -- it's good to hear from you, and great to know that you're following our developments!

We are all good and everyone says hi

Hope you are well and that you're enjoying spring down under!

- Geir