EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 May 2016, 07:55 AM   #1
genegold99

Fastmail occasionally returns blank screen on iPad

I have Fastmail, I think the browser version, on myiPad Mini 2 (latest OS).
Sometimes when I return to it from another app, it remains completely blank (white). I got the Mini last summer and this behavior was happening with Yahoo's home page quite frequently under similar circumstances, but it seems to have been fixed maybe a couple of months ago. It's been happening, although much less frequently, with Fastmail in the past few to several weeks under similar circumstances. Closing and reopening gets it working. I'm wondering if the problem is on Fastmail's end or Apple's. Doesn't happen with any other app. Thanks,
genegold99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 May 2016, 08:44 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I occasionally notice the same thing on my iPad 3rd generation. The complete screen is blank. Since I use both the Apple Safari browser and the Fastmail iOS app, I can't remember which one had the problem, but I'm guessing it's the iOS app. I can't recreate the bug right now, but if I can I will report it to Fastmail staff.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2016, 08:56 AM   #3
genegold99

Glad to hear I'm not alone on this. As with most sites, I didn't like the app and early on I turned the webmail page into a thumbnail that I open directly (i.e., not in Safari). So that's where I'm seeing the problem when it occurs.
Old 9 May 2016, 10:10 PM   #4
TonyH

I've had this bug recently with the iOS app on an iPad 3, up to date iOS 9.3.1 - a white screen when I go to the app. The What's New for the most recent app update, version 1.2.1 on 14 April 2016, said "Detect ... WSOD and reload", so make sure you have that version if you're seeing the problem in the app. However, I've seen the bug once since that update (as well as many times before). I had to restart the iPad to make the Fastmail app work.
TonyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2016, 10:52 PM   #5
genegold99

I'm using 9.3.1 also. Checking if app or browser version, I find it's the app. Haven't had to shut down Mini though, just close the page and reopen from the app thumbnail.

Last edited by genegold99 : 9 May 2016 at 11:06 PM.