EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Feb 2004, 12:47 AM   #1
milgram

Angry Yahoo groups emails not received

I have email from several yahoo groups sent to my fastmail account. I found that I am not receiving them in my fastmail mailbox. If I check what has been posted on yahoo, the groups are busy.

Is there something I am missing, or is fastmail automatically discarding all the yahoo group emails?
milgram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Feb 2004, 02:32 AM   #2
pwb

If the problem is that fastmail is rejecting them, you could try adding the address they come from to your address book - so that they are whitelisted.

I think, anyway.
pwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 02:38 AM   #3
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally posted by pwb
If the problem is that fastmail is rejecting them, you could try adding the address they come from to your address book - so that they are whitelisted.

I think, anyway.
it won't help if Fastmail blocks them before they reach the user's mailbox - which is how they probably do it if they block it for all users

milgram, check your filters/spam settings?
Old 20 Feb 2004, 03:24 AM   #4
milgram

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel S

milgram, check your filters/spam settings? [/b]
I just checked my rules... Most are for moving messages to the correct folder. Some are for forwarding copies to another mail account.

I have a bunch of reject rules for the form that the To/CC is bob@mydomain.fastmail.fm - each rule having a different common name. This was to deal with the explosion of mail from MYDOOM replies.

I had one reject rule with the To/CC - where nothing was specified in the value field. I suspect this is not the problem as I receive other email to this account (but I will update this thread if I start receiving yahoo groups email).

I suspect that fastmail is blocking the yahoo groups mail forwarder .

I was hoping to hear that other users were having similar problems.

-Marc
Old 20 Feb 2004, 03:46 AM   #5
milgram

Yahoo servers

Looking at past messages from Yahoo groups, it looks like Yahoo has a bunch of email servers for this purpose. They are named:
n3.grp.scd.yahoo.com - where that 3 could be any 1-2 digit number, and the n could be an m.

The IP addresses seem to be from subnet 66.218.66.

Hope this helps
-Marc
Old 20 Feb 2004, 09:49 AM   #6
aussieboykie
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by milgram
I suspect that fastmail is blocking the yahoo groups mail forwarder .

I was hoping to hear that other users were having similar problems.

-Marc
I have a Yahoo Groups subscription that is forwarded to FM and since an appended item showed up in the last 5 mins nothing seems to be broken.

Regards, AB
aussieboykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2004, 10:02 PM   #7
milgram

Now I am rejecting nothing

I modified my rules so I now reject nothing. I still see no email from yahoo groups . I don't know what to do next.

-Marc
Old 20 Feb 2004, 11:39 PM   #8
milgram

Lightbulb More info

I poked around Yahoo groups today, and noticed that they had a little message indicating that the email address had been restricted due to bounces. The most recent bounce was a hard bounce, with the following information:

Remote host said: 550 Error: Possible Novarg virus blocked

I reactivated this address from Yahoo. Now I wait to see if it starts getting messages.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:25 AM   #9
CML209
Essential Contributor

Re: More info

Quote:
Originally posted by milgram
I poked around Yahoo groups today, and noticed that they had a little message indicating that the email address had been restricted due to bounces. The most recent bounce was a hard bounce, with the following information:

Remote host said: 550 Error: Possible Novarg virus blocked

I reactivated this address from Yahoo. Now I wait to see if it starts getting messages.
That should help. I noticed that my yahoo groups are not busy, but I have had very little incoming mail lately. I'm not complaining on that one. A lot of yahoo posts score above 6 on spam, which may be what's happening. As to the bouncing addies, they fix themselves eventually. I can only recall one time I bounced a message (not on purpose) and did not receive it. That was due to thinking a rule was a filter. Other than that, even with the down time in the last month, I have lost no message that I am aware of.
CMLane
CML209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2004, 02:00 AM   #10
milgram

Cool Now working

I started receiving messages from Yahoo groups again.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

-Marc