EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:28 AM   #1
mikev99
Cornerstone of the Community

Question Bounce Testing

I have a list of about 120 email addresses which I would like to bounce test. Is there a quick and inexpensive way to test them?

Thanks

Mike
mikev99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Sep 2018, 08:40 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

In the past, I have used Email Hippo for this kind of testing. Note that, for some mail services, it is often impossible to get a definitive answer as to whether an address is valid or not. Email Hippo seems to be as good as any address validation service, but expect a few undetermined results. Pricing is reasonable.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2018, 11:48 AM   #3
mikev99

Thanks - will give the one time use a whirl.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 02:41 AM   #4
mikev99

Question Individual Msgs Name Verification

Email Hippo did the job culling out the bad addresses. Now I would like to send an individual message to each recipient and ask them to verify their names. I do not want to do a bcc since they won't be able to see their name in the TO: field. I would like to automate the process. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 6 Sep 2018, 09:02 AM   #5
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev99 View Post
Email Hippo did the job culling out the bad addresses. Now I would like to send an individual message to each recipient and ask them to verify their names. I do not want to do a bcc since they won't be able to see their name in the TO: field. I would like to automate the process. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,

Mike
Possibly Thunderbird with the Mail Merge Add-On. I have not done this in a long time. Doing it manually (for a hundred or so addresses) would be boring but quite feasible.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote