EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 2006, 12:33 AM   #1
BUGabundo

the biggest email account?

Hya.
I'm looking for the BIGGEST email account out there.
It needs to be at least a little bit stable.

Its for a girl I know who allready filled up 26 (you read right) gmail accounts.
when they get filled, she just creates a new one.
so, who can help her?

Old 24 Jun 2006, 12:49 AM   #2
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

Some of the biggest ones are now paid for, ncluding one which the discussion of is banned, but you could always try http://www.jlmail.com as they do offer unlimited email accounts, although she would have to understand the relaibility has been a little bit dogy recently, otherwise http://www.bluehome.net should suit her needs also unlimited but very reliable and free.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 12:50 AM   #3
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Re: the biggest email account?

Quote:
Originally posted by BUGabundo
Its for a girl I know who allready filled up 26 (you read right) gmail accounts.
Hm...could this sort of thing be part of the reason gmail seems so unstable to me?

But seriously, I'm afraid I have no suggestions. If I knew of a stable service with as much or more space than gmail, I'd probably be using it myself, possibly as my primary account, if it was stable enough.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 12:53 AM   #4
BUGabundo

no need to be 110% reliable
only 80%
lol

anyone?
Old 24 Jun 2006, 01:13 AM   #5
xbot
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
xxos.us
BlueHome has worked fantastically for me.

How the crpa does one fill up that many gmail accounts though? What, are her friends sending her entire DVDs or something?
Old 24 Jun 2006, 01:22 AM   #6
a_a
Essential Contributor

30gigs
Old 24 Jun 2006, 01:33 AM   #7
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Re: the biggest email account?

Quote:
Originally posted by BUGabundo
Hya.
I'm looking for the BIGGEST email account out there.
It needs to be at least a little bit stable.

so, who can help her?
Since I'm working in one of the largest email systems on this world,I deeply oppose this behavior.Using freemails as that way should consume the provider's brandwidth and diskspace badly.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 01:33 AM   #8
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtaylor
otherwise www.bluehome.net should suit her needs also unlimited but very reliable and free.
But they are usually closed for new subscriptions. see their forum To be quite honest I do hope she won't be allowed there (or anywhere else), because she would saturate any filestore capacity.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 03:37 AM   #9
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by a_a
30gigs
While my own experience may or may not be typical, I don't even remember how many months it's been since I was last able to successfully log into my 30gigs account. My user name/password seem to be recognized, since if I enter the wrong password I get an error message to that effect, but when I enter the correct password, after an extremely long delay, I'm brought to a completely blank page. It's been the same way for many months now.

So, based on my own experiece, the last thing I'd call this service is "stable". But since AFAIK they haven't been accepting new signups since the end of March, it's not much use to someone looking to open a new account anyway.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 11:04 AM   #10
Ennis

This is a joke right? Your post begs lots of obvious questions from any rational mind. Maybe one . Why don't you tell your friend to delete messages. Why is she saving them? Is she planning on writing her memoirs? What amazes me is how the fans here jump into this and try to be helpful.

Come on...

Moderator!

Last edited by Ennis : 24 Jun 2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 11:17 AM   #11
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ennis
Come on...

Moderator!
I'm not surre any forum rules have been broken here -- just perhaps a slight lapse of sanity or common sense -- which I think someone has said may not necessarily be particularly common.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Ennis

It isn't about rules. It's about wasted bandwidth, and wasting the time of intelligent people. I've run enough forums to know when to yank a thread.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 11:53 AM   #13
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Then I'm sure you must know that the rules and policies for such things, as well as the strictness or looseness with which they are enforced, can vary from one forum to another, and even with the whims of a particular moderator. But of course, neither you nor I are the arbiter of such things here.

Anyway, I think the basic original question was harmless and "innocent" enough. That is, the poster was merely asking about services with large quotas which are relatively stable. Is that really such an unusual question for a forum such as this? Either such services exist or they don't. What's the harm in asking? It might "waste" even more bandwidth arguing over something so simple.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 11:58 AM   #14
Ennis

What the poster was talking about was a totally out of control email user and frankly, who cares?
Old 24 Jun 2006, 12:07 PM   #15
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ennis
What the poster was talking about was a totally out of control email user
And it appears to me that a number of those responding suggested as much.
Quote:
and frankly, who cares?
You apparently did.
Closed Thread