EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Talking Hello RB and Co! Back again!

Hello to Geir, Liz, Rich and all the Runbox and EMD faithful (Hi Edwin, btw!)! It's been quite a while, but I hope you have all been well! I intend on getting re-acclimated and ramping up my involvement and help once again!

I must say it's nice to login after some time. Good to see the place hasn't changed too much.

Here's to more posts, more great work and more awesome things to come!
~ Trip
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:23 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Hello Trip, it looks like you are still an official representative
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi David! How've you been?! Yes, indeed I am still a rep!...Perhaps a sign of more work to come, only this time to fruition and beyond! I can't wait to get back in touch with G & L and Rich and meet more of any new members who have joined since I last was working with the crew! And of course all you guys!

It seems the forum has quieted and/or lost some steam these last couple years, but as several paradigm shifts are occurring in the email world (Google nixing free Apps, Outlook.com, etc.) I think inevitably the place will be thrust back to previous traffic levels, perhaps beyond!

Anyways, good to read your words again, David! Here's to many more!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:08 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hi David! How've you been?!
I have been very well (thank you very much) - the recent paradigm shifts at Fastmail have caused me to move to Runbox, And I am liking it very much.

Cheers
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
That's awesome. I know a primary challenge for Runbox in the past was latency to the States and other parts of the world and reliability (reliability mostly solved now I would presume?) Good to know that you're in good hands again!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 12:31 PM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's awesome. I know a primary challenge for Runbox in the past was latency to the States and other parts of the world and reliability (reliability mostly solved now I would presume?) Good to know that you're in good hands again!
Runbox and Fastmail (both) went through some tough times in the early days: both have survived and and progressed. Twelve years ago (looking forward) what has happened would have been difficult to predict, imho that said, Runbox has always been reliable for me. I am off to bed - goodnight Trip and welcome back
Old 29 Mar 2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Wow!!!

Amazing to have you back, Trip! We thought we had lost you to the wilderness out there!

Lots of things have changed since you were here last -- mainly that Runbox is now run by a new employee-owned company, Runbox Solutions, with the hard core team in charge.

Also, for the past two years we've worked very closely with our new and awesome system maintenance partner Copyleft Solutions to upgrade our platform. We now have redundancy, reliability, and layers of security all around, and of course Runbox 6 is being rolled out as we speak.

Tell us more about what you've been doing all this time, and if you'd like to help us out like the good old days that would be fantastic. We all shed a tear when we finally had to replace the beautiful front page you designed back in... 2004??

(Indeed! http://web.archive.org/web/20040701053215/http://www.runbox.com/)

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear from you again and please drop me/us an email anytime and we'll work something out.

Welcome back, my friend!!

- Geir

Last edited by Geir : 29 Mar 2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added link to archive.org
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 07:51 PM   #8
ReuvenNY

Welcome back Trip, good to see you again at the forum!
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:15 PM   #9
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi Geir!!! And hey Reuven!!!

You didn't lose me to the wild west, well close, but I survived! Great news about the company and congratulations, you guys should be proud! You definitely deserve all the success! And wow, Copyleft looks like a great partner for your ambitions! It seems you very much have the infrastructure you deserve, awesome!

As for me, I've been back in the eastern states for a few seasons, finally nearing launch of a tech consulting and design company in the western NY area. I'm still very much involved in the snowsports and online media worlds, working with my home-away-from-home team at SkiProphet in Jackson, WY on content for the main website and also SkiGearTV (that's me as an athlete reviewer last season!). So life is as exciting as we choose to make it!

Anyways, I'm excited to get back in touch and I'll drop you an email shortly, Geir! I would love to hear your plans and reconnect, perhaps by Skype? Definitely by email/chat at least!

All the best for now!
~ Trip
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:47 PM   #10
petergh
Master of the @

Welcome back, Trip! Good to see one of the veterans of this board return.
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Thanks, Peter! I remember you back in the day; I hope you've been well! Good to be back! Cheers!
Old 1 Apr 2013, 04:20 PM   #12
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Welcome back! I've been fairly absent from the forum since around the time you took off, but I'm here doing all the other stuff I've always done. Still hate skiing, also.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 2013, 07:09 PM   #13
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Welcome back! I've been fairly absent from the forum since around the time you took off, but I'm here doing all the other stuff I've always done. Still hate skiing, also.
Welcome back to the forum to you too, Liz!
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2013, 01:28 AM   #14
petergh
Master of the @

Liz in Los Angeles... hmm... is Runbox opening a U.S. office?
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2013, 01:49 AM   #15
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
<--- no rumours of a UK office I see
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote