EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Jan 2016, 02:33 AM   #481
CosmicDebri

I've been a satisfied customer for a couple of months now. Quick n speedy connections and mail that gets delivered.

Still not a big fan of the spam filters on by default and can't turn them off. I'm not thrilled with the idea of something not getting through that I don't think is spam. I do some internet marketing (not through email) and sometimes some email from software or program or services in that area get mis flagged. I can't say it's happened with mxroute, but I wouldn't knowif it did I guess,

Other than that, awesome service, and my Thunderbird kinda misses doing all that junk filtering......
CosmicDebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2016, 05:51 AM   #482
scott2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebri View Post
I've been a satisfied customer for a couple of months now. Quick n speedy connections and mail that gets delivered.

Still not a big fan of the spam filters on by default and can't turn them off. I'm not thrilled with the idea of something not getting through that I don't think is spam. I do some internet marketing (not through email) and sometimes some email from software or program or services in that area get mis flagged. I can't say it's happened with mxroute, but I wouldn't knowif it did I guess,

Other than that, awesome service, and my Thunderbird kinda misses doing all that junk filtering......

I have the same concerns, but found in the cpanel interface where the "track delivery" button is. That will show you everything that was delivered or rejected, and why. However, it only seems to show RBL blocks and not anything Spamassassin or other filtering may have done with it. Maybe I'm not getting as much spam as I used to!
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jan 2016, 02:13 PM   #483
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
I have the same concerns, but found in the cpanel interface where the "track delivery" button is. That will show you everything that was delivered or rejected, and why. However, it only seems to show RBL blocks and not anything Spamassassin or other filtering may have done with it. Maybe I'm not getting as much spam as I used to!
SA rejections should be there as well. Honestly those shouldn't be plentiful though.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2016, 03:47 PM   #484
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

An Entertaining Read

http://billing.mxroute.com/knowledge...yarticle&id=13
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2016, 04:20 PM   #485
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Yes, yes, yes. You do sometimes need to say it as it is.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2016, 01:57 AM   #486
emebrs
Essential Contributor

When deleting messages, is there any reason to wait a while before purging the trash? It feels funny to empty the trash only a second or two after deleting a bunch of messages.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2016, 01:35 PM   #487
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
When deleting messages, is there any reason to wait a while before purging the trash? It feels funny to empty the trash only a second or two after deleting a bunch of messages.
Truthfully I rarely ever empty my trash. Not unless I'm purging a few hundred emails from a cron job gone bad
Old 25 Feb 2016, 05:54 PM   #488
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Has the Christmas OwnCloud project been abandoned?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2016, 06:02 PM   #489
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Spring 2016 Sale!

Jarland is full of the joys of spring!

http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=73
Old 9 Apr 2016, 07:59 PM   #490
noface0711

Does anyone know if the Junk and Deleted Items folders in MXroute Roundcube have an auto purge after x days, and if so, how many days?
noface0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2016, 08:09 PM   #491
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by noface0711 View Post
Does anyone know if the Junk and Deleted Items folders in MXroute Roundcube have an auto purge after x days, and if so, how many days?
I recall Jarland previously saying no auto purge.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 04:23 AM   #492
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Moving MXroute Forward

http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=74
Old 17 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM   #493
scott2020

Is Z-push really that bad? I know many providers offer it. I have noticed authentication time-outs on occasion but figured it was my phone. I use the Nine app, which is great for Activesync support but doesn't do anything else. My Z-push with Roller has been great for as long as I have used it.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 02:17 PM   #494
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
Is Z-push really that bad? I know many providers offer it. I have noticed authentication time-outs on occasion but figured it was my phone. I use the Nine app, which is great for Activesync support but doesn't do anything else. My Z-push with Roller has been great for as long as I have used it.
It's pretty rough. May be worth exploring other options for its replacement, I'm not opposed to offering the function. The script itself though is just more trouble than it's worth. Less than 30 people using it but it still generates more support tickets than any other function. Actually looking at the adoption of the feature surprised me a bit. I really thought it would be more popular.

More great things to come, I promise! This is me trying not to just ride the waves of success but focus on continued improvement. The rate of growth is snowballing. With every bit of increased revenue I just think of how I can use it to better the product. Marketing doesn't seem to be a big need, word of mouth handles it well. We've got money, working to gain more time (money only buys that through paying more people). I guess what's next is spending money on further feature development, front end improvements, and additional staff. All that while ensuring that it remains a small business (I'm not aiming for world domination). Fun times!

Excited to go through the growth experience and have you guys along for the ride. You pretty much watch it through my eyes, I don't keep secrets. I guess if anyone ever wonders what it's like to run an email hosting business, this thread is a good read

Last edited by jarland : 17 Apr 2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 12:14 AM   #495
scott2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
It's pretty rough. May be worth exploring other options for its replacement, I'm not opposed to offering the function. The script itself though is just more trouble than it's worth. Less than 30 people using it but it still generates more support tickets than any other function. Actually looking at the adoption of the feature surprised me a bit. I really thought it would be more popular.
Totally understand. It isn't a deal breaker for me certainly, just curious to be honest. Thanks for the details!