EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 27 Apr 2019, 11:30 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Google Question

When I take a picture with my smart phone and send it to my google account. I then want to send to dowwnloads on my PC. I click on the picture but it does not open downloads therefore I cannot move the picture to downloads. I have no problems when i send picture to another of my emails and click on picture which opens DOWNLOADS any help much appreciated
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Apr 2019, 06:32 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

You do not send pictures to your "Google account", you send it to service which is included in your account (e.g. Drive, Photos, Gmail). Do you mean adding pictures to Gmail messages? If not, please specify.

And I'm not sure what ultimately you want to achieve. Your picture is on the smartphone in Camera/Gallery/DCIM/wherever, why do you want a copy in Downloads? And if you do need a copy, there are ways of doing it without up/downloading
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2019, 09:18 PM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks janusz for your respnse. If i am out away from my PC and take a picture with my phone that I wish to keep so i send it to one of my email addresses and from there i send to my PC. I can do this with some of my emal addresses but if i send picture to my google email address i cannot send to my PC ( i can forward picture from my google address to another address and from that email i can send to my PC)
Old 28 Apr 2019, 09:04 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Saving images from Gmail web interface to your PC

I don't understand the exact details of what software you are using, but I have no difficulty in moving images from my iPhone to my Windows 10 PC. Here is what I do:
  • Take a photo using the iOS Camera app.
  • After the images are on the iOS device, I can see them by clicking the photo button in the lower left corner of the Camera app or by opening the iOS Photos app.
  • I use the export button in the lower left (looks like a square picture frame with an up arrow) and select (with a checkmark) the photos I want to export.
  • I then choose which app or service to use for the export. If you have it enabled, you can use the Gmail app. I enter my Gmail address in To (it's also automatically in the From field), add a subject, then use the send icon (right triangle in the upper right) to send the email.
  • If I send a single image using the iOS Gmail app, it inserts the image inline.
  • If I send two images using the iOS Mail app, it inserts the two images as attachments.
  • I then go to my Windows 10 PC and use a Gmail reader. You can find many of these - I go to Gmail.com and use the web interface, but you could use an IMAP client on your PC. My example below is using the Gmail.com web interface with the Chrome browser.
  • Open the email containing the photo in the Gmail web interface.
    • If the image is inline, click the image. You will then see some icons in the upper right for disposition of the image. The selections I have are for Google My Drive, Printing, and Download. Click the Download icon (down arrow above a tray) and the message is downloaded to the Windows 10 "Downloads" folder. You can use the up-arrow adjacent to the image filename in the lower left of the window and use "Show in folder" to see the image file in the Downloads folder.
    • If the image file (or files) is sent as an attachment(s), after opening the message you will see the attachment(s) at the bottom of the message. Hover your mouse over the attachment and you will see choices for downloading to your PC or to your Google Drive.
  • Since there are many different email clients (webmail or IMAP or POP) you might be using to send and to receive the image and I have no idea if you have an iOS, Android, or different type of mobile device, I can't guarantee that these steps are precisely what you need to do. But if you read your Gmail on a Windows 10 PC using a browser at the gmail.com URL, one of the two methods I described (for inline images or attachments) should allow you to save the image(s) to your PC hard drive or Google Drive. The details will be different for Thunderbird, Outlook, or some other IMAP email client.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2019, 10:40 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you a million n5bb You solved my problem all i had to do was click picture and see download and the little arrow in top right of screen pointing down Thank you again and all responders
Old 28 Apr 2019, 11:01 AM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm glad it's working for you now. I know it's aggravating when you can't figure out how to do something that must be possible!

If all else fails, don't forget to left-click or right-click on areas of the screen related to what you want to use. At my job we produce software which uses right-clicks to show a menu with choices meaningful to that area of the display.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 09:57 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Question

I have two Google email accts. If at sometime in the future I decide to delete one of them how would in go about that? I don't see any details as to this. Thanks for any help
Old 18 May 2019, 12:44 PM   #8
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Please disregard the request how to delee a GMAIL acct I found instructions how to Delete a Gmail acct
Old 18 May 2019, 05:52 PM   #9
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Please disregard the request how to delee a GMAIL acct I found instructions how to Delete a Gmail acct
When you have an another question it’s better to start a new thread.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 08:30 PM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

I assume you also know about Google Photos? You can use the Google Photos app on your phone and set it to automatically store all your photos, for free, in your Google account. Then all your photos are automatically available anywhere you log into that Google account. IMHO it is the best photo backup service available. The free storage is limited to something that Google calls High Quality, which may reduce the size of the stored images somewhat. Still many online reviews have compared High Quality to original images and the Google version is amazingly close. I personally compared some images at very high magnifications and I couldn't detect the difference. Some Google Pixel phones allow you to have the images stored at original quality.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 09:43 PM   #11
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Berenburger and TenFour for your response. I appreciate it