EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Aug 2014, 01:23 AM   #46
werewolf
Essential Contributor

Finally got a response from FM to my Aug 7 complaint late last night:

--- Ticket Update (by Kurian Jose Aerthail) (date 2014-08-12 06:45:52 UTC) (id 000000) ---
Hi

Sorry for the delay getting back. Key members in the support team were away, and we had a backlog, and hence the delay. Apologies. We are looking into ways to improve support response times.

I've tested this, and this is definitely working on Firefox and Chrome, so its likely that we are not handling some edge case correctly when interacting with something local in your computer or browser. I'll have to find out what that is.

Fastmail definitely works fine on almost any browser, and I personally use Firefox extensively, as well as Opera and Chrome.

Could you take a screenshot when this problem happens, and then attach that to this ticket..

Regards
Kurian

I don't know what "edge case" means, and now, for some reason, FM actually seems to be working OK on Firefox, but same ol on Chrome, so I'm sending them a screen shot of Chrome. Did they change something to make it work on FF, or is it just temporary or what? Don't know. And meanwhile I've gone through the hassle of switching over to Outlook, which seems to be working fine.

Do you have a link to that Youtube, William9?

PS I can't test it on Opera because I deleted Opera because they trashed that too (it was once my favorite) and turned it into a crummy Chrome-clone...another internet thing that used to work better years ago!
werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2014, 11:22 AM   #47
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Here is the MS Office 15 Minute Webinar about Outlook.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3fBU1trEks
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2014, 12:42 PM   #48
werewolf
Essential Contributor

Thanks. William9. Wow, it's got a lot of features I didn't even know about!
Old 14 Aug 2014, 03:32 AM   #49
werewolf
Essential Contributor

W9, are you knowledgeable about Outlook email? One thing I'd like to do is highlight the unread emails more dramatically to more easily distinguish them from the ones I've read. Maybe there is an Outlook forum...
Old 14 Aug 2014, 05:36 AM   #50
William9
The "e" in e-mail

There is a community forum. You'll find the link down near the bottom of the Outlook.com help/support page.
Unread messages are in bold and the subject is in the color of the theme that you have chosen. You might try a different color -- one that stands out more for you.
You can also go to "Manage Categories" a menu item under Settings gear. If you set unread to show in a category in the left side bar, all of your unread messages will be filtered and display in their own folder. That should make them easy to find.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 05:42 AM   #51
William9
The "e" in e-mail

One of the topics in this thread is adding addresses from the address book to the CC field of a message that you are composing. Of course, Outlook.com does this. I would be surprised to hear that other services do not have this functionality.
Old 17 Aug 2014, 11:36 AM   #52
werewolf
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
There is a community forum. You'll find the link down near the bottom of the Outlook.com help/support page.
Unread messages are in bold and the subject is in the color of the theme that you have chosen. You might try a different color -- one that stands out more for you.
You can also go to "Manage Categories" a menu item under Settings gear. If you set unread to show in a category in the left side bar, all of your unread messages will be filtered and display in their own folder. That should make them easy to find.

Thank you!