EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jul 2018, 03:41 PM   #1
jeffpan
Master of the @

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
What's the best webmail?

If you prefer using webmail anytime rather than a client, the webmail system is successful. Only Fastmail and Gmail have this capability to me. So I think both are the best webmail on the planet. How do you think of it?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:09 AM   #2
TenFour
Essential Contributor

Personally, I like Gmail's webmail. Labels are so powerful and quick compared to folders that it would be very hard to go back. I am forced to use Outlook at work and it feels so slow and awkward, plus I can never find anything. However, some are wedded to putting everything into folders and that is the only way they can work. I think it truly comes down to preferences. I also use Outlook.com a fair bit and I think it has one of the best webmail interfaces with the traditional folder structure. If I had to leave Gmail I would probably go to Outlook.com as my main account. I have tried many webmail interfaces on different services and they all feel clunky compared to Gmail.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 05:57 PM   #3
edu

Fastmail is the best for me, and I love all the features it offers. Other simpler webmails I like are tutanota and hushmail (desktop and mobile interfaces) and always those who use the simple rouncube interface.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 07:39 PM   #4
jeffpan
Master of the @

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
Fastmail is the best for me, and I love all the features it offers. Other simpler webmails I like are tutanota and hushmail (desktop and mobile interfaces) and always those who use the simple rouncube interface.
Then you could try get a Riseup.net account which is roundcube and privacy cared.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 09:03 PM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Then you could try get a Riseup.net account which is roundcube and privacy cared.
Or good old Tuffmail. Has the latest versions of Roundcube and Squirrelmail active.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2018, 10:05 PM   #6
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I had it before but I deactivated after some time. I also used in the past Posteo, Kolab and Gandi email, using Rouncube.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote